Freedom -Luffy #1

"Whoa! So cool!" The straw hat captain said as he watched the fight in the arena. The Straw Hat pirates stopped on an island that made their newest addition to the crew, Ki, tense.

"How do I enter?" Luffy laughed and Ki tensed further.

"By getting kidnapped and forced to fight, never to return to your old life." She said, her voice void of any emotion. Zoro looked at his girlfriend.

"What do you mean, Ki?" He asked.

"That's how they get their fighters. This town is the only one on the island and it's not a well traveled to island. So when pirates or anyone that seems like they could stand in a fight wash up on shore, they're kidnapped off the street and put in the arena. There's a magic barrier around the arena so that if anyone tries to escape, they get a shock and are dragged back to their cells." Ki said.

"How do you know all of this?" Nami asked.

"I used to fight in there." Ki said. Luffy had gone from amazed to mad. He stood with his hat tilted down, shadow over his eyes. (A/N: hold on to your butts, shiznit is about to get real up in dis bitch.)

"How did you escape?" Usopp asked.

"A riot in the town. A pirate crew didn't like their captain being captured so while everyone was distracted, those of us that could escaped. Only the pirate captain and I made it out. We almost had a third." Ki said.

"Who was the third?" Robin asked.

The crowd suddenly began to cheer as a red haired girl that couldn't be older than Ki stepped in to the arena and faced her opponent.

"Her." Ki said. The rest of the crew looked on the red head. The battle began and the girl dodged and began to do something... Odd.

She began to sing.

"Why is she singing?" Chopper asked.

"It's a sign in the arena that only the battlers know. If you sing while you fight or when your in your cell, it means you haven't gone insane. And some times, in the arena, it brings a little bit of sanity back. That's why Ai, down there, has survived for so long. She sings. All the time. It's what kept me sane while I was there." Ki said.

"And the winner is Scarlet Fox!" The announced said as the red head, Ai, delivered a powerful kick to the side of her opponent's head, knocking him out instantly. She stood silent as the crowd cheered for her and she stopped singing. Ki stared at the girl.

"She wouldn't!" Ki thought as she realized what Ai was about to do. Ai suddenly changed forms. From a red haired girl, to a scarlet furred fox. She ran at the wall and tried to run up and escape. Suddenly, the fox stopped running and fell to the ground twitching violently as she returned to human form.

"Ki. Where is the weakest point in the building?" Luffy asked as guards dragged an unconscious "Scarlet Fox" Ai from the arena.

"The base about fifty feet from here on the outside. At night there are no guards around it." Ki said.

"Luffy?" Zoro asked.

"We're going to free everyone." Luffy said. Ki continued to stare at the entrance to the fighter's cells.

Time skip.

With Ai.

Ai stirred and woke up. Her golden eyes flicked to the window. She frowned. She had slept through the sunset.

"Shouldn't have tried to fly, Fox." The man in the cell next to her said. Ai merely began to sing.

"When the days are cold
And the cards all fold.
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold.
When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the bloods run stale."