1.4 Black goo

Getting out of the car Miya held Derek up with her arm wrapped around his waist supporting him as Stiles blundered around searching for the key. Miya released him near bags of food before he crashed down waiting for Stiles to open the clinic.

"Does Nordic Blue Monkshood mean anything to you?" Stiles asked after checking his phone which had vibrated only seconds before.

"It's a rare form of Wolfsbane. We've been trying to acquire some for years." Miya said in awe.

Derek groaned as Miya moved his shoulder slightly. "He needs to bring us the bullet."

"Why?" Stiles queried looking up from his phone.

"Because Derek's going to die without it."

At that comment Stiles typed something quickly into his phone before stashing it back into his pocket, then raced towards the door with the keys. As Stiles fumbled with the keys Miya heaved Derek up on his uninjured side slowly stumbling into the clinic.

As soon as they were inside Derek immediately pushed off Miya and took his shirt off hoping to release some of the heat that was taking over his body. Stumbling over his own two feet Derek fell to the side of the examination table where Miya raced over to him not only to keep him steady but to try and absorb some of the body heat that she was losing quickly.

"You know that really doesn't look like anything some Echinacea and a good night's rest couldn't take care of." Stiles said mumbling off to an inaudible murmur at the end. Derek's arm was now sporting a hole just below the inside of his elbow with blood dripping out of it and black veins running up his arm. Miya looked up with an 'are you serious' look plastered all over her face, causing Stiles to throw his hands up in defence.

Stiles was really starting to get on Miya's nerves and her condition worsening wasn't making it any better. "Once the infection reaches his heart, it will kill him," Miya explained leaning gently on the examination table trying to keep Derek awake. "And then me," She finished as Derek's eyes slowly began to drift close and his legs were slowly not being able to support the weight of his body.

"Positivity just isn't in either of your vocabularies, is it?" Stiles asked as Derek walked off going through cupboards. Miya glanced solemnly at the floor before staring back up at Derek as he began talking.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet on time, last resort."

"Which is?"

"You're going to cut off my arm." Derek said holding the saw up as Miya and Stiles' eyes went wide.

Stiles looked like he was going to be sick while Miya looked like she was going to murder Derek before the infection could. Derek placed the saw on the examination table in front of Stiles. He looked over at Miya but she had already begun digging through another draw pulling out blue tape. Stiles picked up the large saw and it roared to life; causing him to swiftly place it back down as he controlled the urge to puke.

"Oh my god!" Stiles exclaimed pulling his hand over his mouth. "What if you bleed to death?"

"It'll heal, if it works," Derek muttered as Miya wrapped the tape tightly around his bicep.

"What about her? Why can't she do it?"

"I'll give you two options Stiles'," Miya said glancing over slightly as she finished tying it up. Stiles looked up hope in his eyes for the first time tonight. "Either you saw off his arm or you hold him down as he possibly wolfs out and tries to rip our throats out." Stiles' eyes widened at the sudden suggestions; before he looked down at the saw and picked it up. "Thought you would see it that way."