2.17 Happy Birthday

Miya laughed as Allison passed over the blue Chambray shirt to match the dress Lydia had picked out for her to wear that night. Lydia had left earlier to go find Jackson and make sure that he was coming to her party. She had explained earlier that apparently, she had to make it look like their fight and possible breakup hadn't bothered her. Neither Allison not Miya really understood why but they knew by now not to ask those sorts of things.

Miya was slipping on her shoes when her phone began to ring from Allison's bed. Recognised the caller id, Miya smiled and picked up.

"Hey Stiles, I thought I told you Allison was-"

"Why didn't you say anything?" She looked up confused, her smile long gone.

"What are you talking about?"

"One of the pages in the year book was dog eared and circled in bright pink highlighter. So why didn't you say anything?" Stiles demanded.

"It was a hunch, I didn't think it was actually correct."

"Really? Because I think you were trying to leave us a clue; as if you wouldn't be here when we figured it out." Stiles shot back. She could hear the anger and frustration in his voice as he talked to her.

Watching from her spot beside her bed, Allison's face fell as Miya cornered herself, her voice an almost whisper. Something was wrong, and it was obviously starting to tear at her.

"Stiles I swear it wasn't supposed to come across like that."

"So, you did it subconsciously?"

"Stiles. Stop. Please."

"I-I can't do this over the phone. I'll see you later."

"Stiles..." But Miya got no response as the line went dead and she was left stunned on the other side of the line. Allison stepped forward, worry covering her face.

"What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it." Miya whispered hoarsely. Throwing her phone back onto the bed, Miya ran her hand through her hair, and stood back in front of the mirror starting on her makeup. Watching from her side of the bed, Allison shook her head and approached the brunette, turning her so that she could wrap her arms around her. Shocked, Miya stood still for a while, before wrapping her arms around her as well.

~

When Miya and Allison arrived at Lydia's party, the house was empty. There was music playing over her speakers, fairy lights wrapped around every beam beside the pool. It was so extravagant, Miya wasn't surprised to see the enormous punch bowl in front of the door.

"No bodies here," Miya sighed, looking over at Allison sadly. Seeing the boys walk in Allison took hold of the brunette assassin's arm and dragged her towards them.

Although Stiles' eyes tried to avoid hers, he couldn't help it when his eyes scanned over her outfit, before making their way back to her eyes. To him she looked beautiful in anything, but at the moment when he was trying to be angry with her, she was making it awfully hard.

"Uh, Jackson's not here." Allison piped up, giving the two teens a reason to break their focus on each other and instead on the situation around them.

"Yeah, no one's here." Stiles piped up, looking around the place and stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Maybe it's just early," Scott suggested.

"Or maybe nobody's coming." Miya contradicted, eyeing Scott with a 'let's get serious' look.

"Because Lydia's turned into the town wack job." Miya nodded her head, as Stiles pretty much spoke what everyone was thinking.