1.16 The Girlfriend Dilemma

"Ok, so first I have to beat Jackson's ass like the jackass he is. Then we are going to the lacrosse game tonight to show Jackson just how much better off you are." Miya counted off the list of things as she walked through the halls with Lydia after class.

Lydia had just shown Miya the message she had received after lunch. He had decided to break up with her over text and although Miya's lack of knowledge in the situation she at least knew that this was a heartless dick move in Jackson's behalf.

"I don't think I really want to go to the game tonight."

"Lydia, you can't just skip it. It would basically tell Jackson that you're letting it affect you." Miya pleaded, Lydia refused to budge though. Letting out a long sigh Miya threw her head back gazing at the sky to get some sort of idea to convince her. Her phone constantly vibrating in her pocket just intensified her frustration. "How about this; I'm going tonight, so how about I meet you there and then I'll stay at your place and watch the Notebook with lots of Cookie Dough and Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. But only if you turn up."

Backing away from the strawberry blonde Miya practically jumped for joy as Lydia gave a nod. "I'll see you later." Smiling Miya swung her leg over the bike, removed the safety brake and took off down the street.

~

"So does Stiles know you're coming?" Miya asked innocently. She already knew the answer but revving Derek up was way too much fun at the moment. It would seem Stiles was actually rubbing off on her.

Feeling Derek's hard gaze on the top of her head Miya peered through her eyelashes at the raven haired man. Smiling to herself she tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear and returned to her studying. She couldn't believe this was how she was treating a client. Less than three months ago she would have been slapping herself and suggesting that she should be taken off the assignment because of it; but now she didn't even care. She was having fun and for the first time ever she was actually happy.

Re-positioning her legs so that they were tucked underneath her, the textbook that laid next to her wasn't really being used.

The patter of feet alerted the two within the room to a certain brown eyed boy entering the room. He had yet to notice either of them in the room to which Miya had to withhold a small giggle.

"Hey, Stiles!"

"Yo, Da-Derek?" Stiles halted his chair after it's initial swing to face the door.

Derek hastily brought his finger to his mouth then pointed at the door. Scrambling out of his seat to beat his dad to the door Stiles stood just outside the door with it slightly ajar. Standing up off the bed Miya leant against the wall beside the door frame making sure she still stood out of sight of the Sheriff.

"I also wanted to tell you that I invited Miya to the game." Derek glanced over at the girl, a grim look plastered over his face in an effort to say; 'when was this discussed?' Shrugging her shoulders her eyes stopped to stare absently into a corner listening to the brief conversation.

Taking hold of the door knob Stiles shut the door so that the conversation was slightly more private. "Dad, she'll be coming with Lydia, was there really a need to invite her?"

"I just thought I could get to know her more; since she's your girlfriend and all." He murmured still smiling at his son.

"Dad; she's not my girlfriend." Stiles said hoping it sounded more desperate than a mumble of how awkward it was with Miya being on the other side of the door. Miya now though was flushed red as Derek glared at her. She tried to mouth words but instead allowed her mouth to bop up and down like a goldfish.