2.16 Tearing away

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is gonna be too hurt to heal." Derek stated walking in to the abandoned train station, in front of Scott and Miya. Walking forward she noticed Derek glance back at her, before quickly looking forward once again.

She furrowed her eyebrows, pushing herself forward. "Why'd you just look at me?"

"I get it. We can't save Jackson." Scott interrupted. blocking out her question and the potential argument that was to occur.

"We can't seem to kill him either. I've seen a lot of things Scott; I've never seen anything like this." Derek mumbled, sitting down on one of the seats and beginning to play with his hands. Miya sighed leaning against one of the opposite pole and running her hand through her hair.

"Every new moon's just going to make him stronger." Miya continued. Scott looked up at her, a questioned look overcoming his face before looking back between her and Derek.

"But how do we stop him?"

Miya shrugged, taking her phone out and clicking onto several emails that Chloe had sent through from a private computer. "Chloe can't find anything..." Each of them stared at the brunette astonished that not even the agency could find anything. "You have to remember a Kanima is rare. Often when people want Kanima's they want their master killed."

"Maybe we should just let the Argents handle it." Scott suggested.

"I'm the one who turned him... It's my fault."

"You didn't turn him into this." Scott exclaimed, stepping forward.

"He's right, this is because of something in his past, not you."

"That's a legend in a book. It's not that simple."

"Sometimes it is." Miya suggested, finally inching down the pole until she sat on the seat.

"What aren't you telling us Derek?" Scott insisted.

"Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?" Derek accused, looking up at the tanned teen.

"Because you always are." Miya murmured, slouching over till she leant on her crossed over knee. Scott's hand shot out, the brunette pretty much proving his point in the debate.

"Maybe I do it to protect you." Derek insisted, earning a raised eyebrow from Miya. He turned scoffing at her reaction to his excuse of protection. "You know what I mean." He exclaimed, holding out his own towards the younger werewolf.

"Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?" Scott fired back, looking down at the floor.

"Maybe you should take that into account with your friends."

Miya stood up aggravated by the switching of conversation onto her. Earning a confused look from Scott at Derek's comment, as she stormed out. She couldn't deal with Derek's trust problems, especially when he had to delude himself that he was actually protecting people by hiding things from them, and she was not willing to be pulled down with him.

"Miya! Miya!" Scott called out to the brunette as she made her way towards Stiles' Jeep.

"What?! She snapped, finally turning to face Scott. "What do you honestly want to know Scott?!"

"What did Derek mean by that?" Scott asked, stopping a few metres away from where she stood. She bit her lip, running a hand through her hair. Since Peter started bringing up that her memories were going to be erased she had been trying so hard to ignore the fact that she was going to lose the first real family she had ever had.