Chapter 1

"Happy birthday dear Brooke, Happy birthday to you!" Me and my mom sang, as my little sister blew out the thirteen candles on the little chocolate cake.

"I can't believe you're finally 13!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around Brooke's neck.

"Stop it Kayla!" Brooke giggled and I unwrapped my arms. My Mom got the knife a cut the first piece of the cake, handing it to Brooke. Brooke immediately started shoveling into her cake.

"Here Kay," My mom handed me my Piece but I waved it away.

"No thanks mom." I mumbled, sitting down.

"Come on Kayla! Live a little! It's really really good." Brooke said, with a mouthful of cake.

"You can't have any Kayla. It'll make you gain weight." I thought to myself. I shook my head again.

"Suite Yourself.." Brooke said. My mom looked concerned. She always look concerned when I wouldn't eat, which was quite a lot. She's tried to talk to me about it but I've never told her..She'd freak out.

Trying to change the subject , I shouted "Present time!" I jumped up and ran over to mom. We had gotten my sister only one present this year, But it was worth it. Brooke finished her cake and jumped up as well.

"Where is it?" Brooke exclaimed. She knew me and my mom had something big planned, she had been able to tell for about three months now.

"Let me get it real quick Brookie" I said, racing into my mom's room, which was where she had been hiding it. I got down and reached under her bed for it and pulled out the big envelope. I was about to walk out, when my eyes fell on the picture of me and my dad. I missed my dad so much. He died when I was 13, I'm 18 now but it still makes me upset. It was really hard on me since me and my dad were really close. I pulled my eyes away though and jogged back into the kitchen.

"Let's move into the living room for the presenting of the present." My mom suggested and we all moved into the living room. We could tell Brooke couldn't contain her excitement.

"Okay Brooke..Happy Birthday!" I said, Handing her the large envelope. She immediately ripped open the envelope and reached inside. There was a large card that read "Happy Birthday Brookie! We love you! –Mom and Kayla" and also Inside there were Two Front row seats to One Direction and Backstage passes. Brooke immediately started screeching.

"OH MY GOD. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!" She continued screaming and jumping up and down. Me and My mom started laughing. It wasn't easy getting the money for those. We didn't have that much money but me and my mom had been saving a lot of money for those tickets. We wanted to make Brooke's 13th birthday special.

"It's in 5 weeks Brooke, And the other ticket is for Amy." I said. Amy was Brooke's best friend. I kinda wanted the ticket for myself but I'm sure Brooke would rather go with Amy, Not me. I couldn't tell if she was listening or not. She probably couldn't hear over the sound of her screaming. I couldn't even hardly hear myself.

"OKAY. OKAY. THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS." Brooke exclaimed, jumping on me with a hug.

"Woah. Okay, time to get off me" I said, laughing and putting her down.

"I'm gonna go call Amy and tell her!" Brooke said, running to her room. I could hear her screaming in her room to Amy. I just kept laughing.

"Well..I'm guessing she liked her present." My mom said, chuckling.