Chapter 25

The next morning I woke up laying on the floor of my living room. My guitar was laying next to me, along with millions of used tissues and papers with song chords on them. I sat up slowly and reached over for my phone to see what time it was. It was 10:43 and I had 10 missed calls from Lauren. She had left four voice mails so I listened to them

"Kayla boo boo, How are you? I haven't heard from you in three days. Call me! I need to know what's going on."

"Kayla! Wake up! I have no idea what time it is in London but wake up and talk to me!"

"Kayla Marie Macintosh you pick up the phone right now."

"PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE KAYLA." I heard her screech into the phone. I rolled my eyes and dialed her number. I think it was 4 in the morning back in Nashville but she was probably awake.

She was. She picked up within the second ring.

"Where have you been? Why haven't you been calling me? Did something happen?" She asked, hardly taking a breath at all.

"Calm down." I said

"Something happened I can tell."

"How do you know that?" I asked but once again, my voice cracked and gave away that everything defiantly wasn't okay.

"I'm your best friend I know these things now tell me what happened."

I spilled the whole story into the phone, from Lindsey telling me how she liked Brandon to Liam leaving yesterday and everything inbetween. By the time I had finished I was in tears.

"I'm so sorry girl..Everything will be okay. I wish I could come see you but I haven't got enough money for a plane ticket."

"I-it's okay."

"Please promise me that you won't do anything terrible. Please promise me." I knew what she meant. She knew about what I used to do to myself, she knew it all. She was the only one who knew about it all, except Harry.

"I'll try.." I mumbled into the phone.

"No Kayla, Promise me."

"Okay..I promise.." I said. I didn't know if I could keep that promise though.

I heard her yawn and then realized how late it probably was there. "Go to bed Lauren, Isn't it like 4 there?"

"Five in the morning now but it's all good. I think I should go to sleep now though. Bye babe. I love you!"

"Love you too Lauren..." I said, pressing end call on my phone. I fell down onto my couch and sighed. I felt a little better talking to Lauren. I really missed her. I have no idea why I hadn't talked to her sooner. Guess I had just forgot about her, which sounded terrible since she was my best friend.

I got up and trudged into my bedroom, I should pick out what I was gonna wear to this stupid concert today. It started at one and it was now 11 am. I took a long time in the shower, not caring about time. I hadn't taken a shower in three days and I desperately needed to. I stepped out of the shower, feeling refreshed. I wrapped myself in a fluffy towel and walked out to pick out some clothes.

I grabbed one of my favorite dresses and slipped it over my head. . I had gotten it with Brooke about a year ago. I missed Brooke too, a lot.

I walked back into my bathroom and blow dried my hair. I curled it into loose curls quickly and then applied all my makeup, fake eyelashes and all. I felt more insecure about myself now.

I slipped a gold necklace with a tea kettle around my neck, and clasped it shut. Lauren had got it for me and wearing it reminded me of her. I slipped on my peach rose sandals and grabbed my tan hobo bag.