Chapter 35

"Why hello Kayla, It's nice to see you again." He said menacingly too me. I was frozen in one spot, not able to move at all. I was too frightened. I wrapped my towel closer around my bare body and tied it together, praying it wouldn't fall off.

"Say something you little slut." He spat, grabbing my wrists and pushing me up against the wall. He dug his nails into my small dainty wrists, causing me to let out a small squeak. I tried to wriggle out of his grasp but it was no use, he was too strong for me.

"Where's your little fag boyfriend?" He questioned, touching his forehead to mine and staring straight into my eyes. The look in his eyes, I had seen it multiple times before. It would haunt me in my dreams and cause me to wake up crying. The look that he got when he was going to hit me. The look I thought, and hoped, I would never see again.

"Not like he could save you anyway." He took my wrists and yanked me from the wall, then slammed me back into it, causing me to yelp in pain.

"Let me go." I whispered, the tears brimming my eyes threatening to fall.

"Are you going to cry like you always do?" He asked, slamming me into the wall again. I had to do something. I couldn't have this happen again. So I did the only thing I could think of to do, I started to scream.

"HARRY." I shouted, but instantly regret it.

"Shut the fuck up bitch." He cursed, bring his hand up. I instantly fell to the ground, holding my now throbbing cheek. I continued to scream for Harry or just anybody.

"I said SHUT UP." He shouted, beginning to kick me. I didn't know what else to do so I just laid on the ground helplessly. The tears were freely falling now but I kept my eyes shut, not wanting to look at him hurting me.

It felt like I had been laying there for forever when I heard other voices in the room that sounded like Harry and Louis. I tried to sit up to look at them but I wasn't able too.

"Kayla? Kayla?!" someone asked me, but I didn't answer. I just laid there and in no time at all, drifted off.

–Harry's POV—

She wouldn't answer me. This had already happened once before and I wasn't going to let it happen again. I continued to shake her and try to get her to wake up, but she wouldn't open her tiny eyes. I looked up from her to see the man fighting with Louis. The rage built up inside of me causing me to get up and grab his shoulder hard. I spun him around to face me and kneed him right in his stomach, causing him to collapse to the ground.

I usually wasn't very violent but seeing him beat up my girl and my best mate threw me over the edge. I continued to kick him and punch him on the ground as Louis called an ambulance for Kayla.

–Kayla's POV—

I woke up to the bright fluorescent hospital lights, what was going on? I blinked a couple times to see Harry sitting beside me. This all seemed oddly familiar.

"Baby! You're finally awake." He said, grabbing my hand. That's what I noticed the sling on his left arm. Where had that come from? How had it happened?

Then everything came rushing back, everything that had happened. He must have gotten that from him.

"Where is he?" I mumbled, barley enough for him to hear me.

"He was arrested love, you won't have to worry about him anymore." He softly said, trying to soothe me. I just nodded in return, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh good! You're awake." Someone said, walking into the room. I realized it was the doctor.

"How long have I been out?"

"About 12 hours." Wow I had been out that long?

"You have a busted lip and some major bruises, but other than that you're okay." He continued, "We already stitched up your lip and we're gonna prescribe you some pain killers, alright?"

I nodded in reply, as he walked out of the room. I just laid there in silence and took in Harry, and his broken and bruised body. His clothes were covering up most of his body of course, but you could still see that he had been in some kind of fight. The things that stood out the most to me were the black eye and his left arm in the sling. This was all my fault.

"Don't cry honey, it's okay." Harry said, attempting to stop the tears from falling from my eyes but they wouldn't. Whenever my life was perfect something had to come along and fuck it up all over again.

He leaned over and kissed my head and began to sing softly to me, which usually would calm me down but today it didn't.

Why was he even still with me? I was nothing but trouble, bringing it everywhere I go.

After I had laid there silently crying for a little while I finally built up the courage to ask about Louis.

"He's okay.." He mumbled, but I could tell he was lying.

"Don't lie to me."

"He's a little beat up but not any worse than me." Harry mumbled. So I had caused two people pain. Great, just great.

"Don't worry about it baby, it's gonna be okay," He said, "Here move over a bit."

I did as he instructed, as he climbed into the hospital bed next to me.

"I really hope we don't have to try to fit into a hospital bed together ever again." He said, attempting to make me laugh but failing. He wrapped his unharmed arm around my shoulder and pulled me to his chest. He stroked my hair and sang softly until I drifted off to sleep.