Chapter 2

Five weeks passed by quicker than I thought it would. One day before the concert I got a call from Amy's Mom.

"Hi Mrs. Sampson, How are you?" I said, while trying to balance the phone on my shoulder because I was in the middle of washing the dishes.

"Hello Kayla, I'm doing fine but I'm afraid I have some bad news. Amy's came down with the stomach flu and I don't think she'll be better for the concert tomorrow." My Face fell and I dropped the plate in my hand. "shit," I mumbled, making sure Mrs. Sampson couldn't hear me. I bent down to try to clean up the glass on the floor.

"Hello?" I heard her say. I realized I had forgotten about the call and Picked up the phone again. I walked out of the kitchen so I wouldn't step in Glass "I'll just clean that up later.." I thought to myself

"I'm sorry.. I'll tell Brooke right now. I hope she gets better soon!" I said into the phone.

"Thank you Kayla." Her mother said "I have to go now, Bye Darling!"

"Bye.." I said. I Hung up the phone and threw it on the couch. I didn't know what to do now. Me and my mom spent so much money on those tickets, we couldn't just waste them and Brooke couldn't go alone. Then I had an idea.

"Brooke! Can you come down here?" I shouted up to her room. I could hear the One Direction Music blaring from her room but I heard it pause when she heard me shouting. She rushed down the stairs and sat down next to me on the couch.

"What do ya want sis?" Brooke said, smiling.

"I just got a call from Amy's Mom, Amy has the stomach flu and can't go to the concert tomorrow." I said sadly. I watched Brooke's face go from happy to miserable in one second. My heart broke when I saw her face.

"Do I not get to go now?" Brooke said softly.

"Well..I know you'd rather go with Amy but I thought maybe I could go with you." I said to Brooke.

"You don't have to go unless you want to Kay." Brooke said. Brooke didn't know that I like One direction. No one did, except for my best friend Lauren.

I giggled and said "Let me tell you a little secret Brookie..I actually like One direction, a lot."

"Really? You don't seem like the one direction type." Brooke said, giggling.

"It's true!" I replied.

"Okay. Well since we're going together now, we have to find you something to wear!"

"Ugh..why Brooke" I said, groaning. I hated fashion. I dunno, it just wasn't something I was good at. Brooke, on the other hand, was a Fashionista.

"Um..Excuse me but don't you want to look good for One direction?! We get to meet them! Not to mention, Harry is single." Brooke said, Winking.

"They wouldn't ever like me." I said. I had a major crush on Harry but I knew he'd never like me.

"If you'd clean up a little I bet Harry would be head over heels for you! Now let's drive to the mall, we're going shopping." Brooke said

"Brooke, we can't afford new clothes."

"I know for a fact that Dillards is having their big sale right now. And they always have cute stuff on sale. So we're going. Let's go!" Brooke said, slipping on some flip flops and walking out the door. I sighed and decided to just go along with it. I picked up my wallet and phone, slipped on some sandals and walked out the door. Brooke was already in my car. I climbed into my seat and started the car, right when I did Brooke pulled her Up All Night Cd out of her pocket and slipped it into the CD Player.

"I swear, you carry that thing everywhere." I said giggling.

"Well you never know when you may need One Direction and their Angel voices!" Brooke said, happily and started Humming along to What Makes you Beautiful. I Pulled up to the parking lot of the mall and we walked inside.

"Come on." Brooke said grabbing my hand and leading me to Dillards and straight to the juniors section.

"See, here's Juniors Clearance! I'm sure we can find something." Me and Brooke started looking in the racks and racks of clearance when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked

"Kayla? Where are you guys? I just got home from work and you're not here." It was my mom, she sounded worried. I forgot to tell her we were going to the mall.

"Dang it. I'm sorry Mom. We're at the mall. Brooke's making me get something for the concert tomorrow."

"The Concert? But the other tickets for Amy?"

"Amy's mom called and told me Amy was sick and wouldn't be able to come tomorrow. So I'm taking the other ticket, if that's okay."

"Of Course it is sweetie, well come home soon and tell me where you're going next time please. I'll have dinner ready soon."

"Of course mama. Sorry again. Bye! Love you!"

"Love you too honey." I hung up the phone and continued to look.

"This is adorable!" Brooke exclaimed, Picking up a . "And it's your size! And it's only 15 dollars!"

"I love it!" I was surprised, I usually hate dresses.

"You have to try it on."

"I will Brooke." I said laughing and taking the dress and going to the dressing room. I took off my jeans and T-shirt and yanked the little dress over my head. "wow.." I thought to myself

"Lemme see it Kayla!!" Brooke exclaimed, from outside the door

"Okay. Okay." I said, walking out of the dressing room.

"Oh my god Kayla! You look hot! There is no way Harry will be able to resist you in that dress."

"Really? You think that?"

"Spin around" Brooke commanded, and I spun around. The dress flowed out around me. I loved it.

"I'm positive. You're gonna buy it. Now take it off and let's go look at shoes."