CH 13. We're Coming Home

(ShinMi's POV)

It was the day of the dance auditions... I rubbed my hands together; my legs jittered while I was seated as 167 out of the 330 of us...

I looked behind me and saw Eunha at 299. She was nervous. She stress eats when nervous and in her hand was a sandwich and candy. JinMi beside me was supposedly calm and shut eyed.

The numbers passed by quickly and girls came out with tears.

"They didn't even let me finish!" was a common cry. What if all the work Jimin put into helping is wasted and I am not able show any of it!

By the time of 534pm, I was one person away from stepping into the room...

"I'll laugh if you fall on your face." JinMi chuckled hoarsely and tried to wake herself up before her call.

Eunha was still nervously snacking. When i smiled at her, she widened her eyes and slowly... very slowly... put up a thumbs up.

"Kwon ShinMi Samie?"

Eunha's jaw dropped; she was scared for me...

I got up and trudged towards the door. Who knew what horror laid behind those doors. The vocal auditions had the three of us go in together. Now its just me... Just me...

I stood in front of the same judges from the vocal auditioning.

"ShinMi?" The same mean old lady questioned me, "Ah! You were that annoying quiet one! Okay what are you gonna dance today?"

"Jay Park... Metronome." I stuttered and kept eyeing the grandma.

The other bystanders continued to be patient and SILENT. Yet, the grandma had to comment "Hip hip? Ha good luck with that." She didn't look at me, instead she sorted through useless paper.

I rubbed my hands together and nodded to my reflection. I practiced real hard for this and just had to make it!

The first beat began and I was the only one moving to the song.

"1,2,3,4,5. 1,2,3,4,5. And Jump. 3,4,5,6. Turn. Slide Step, step, jerk, fling, test, Feet." I tested my imagination and visualized Jimin at my side teaching me the routine.

The rising point came and passed until the climax of the song, his figure disappeared and I was dancing on my own. I was proud of myself for being capable of dancing the rest alone, but i didn't have time to congratulate myself!

I gave a smooth finish and lightly panted. I bowed in respect.

The old lady cringed her nose and tsked. Yet, the judges beside her showcased much gratitude towards my performance.

"I suppose you were better than expected." The lady looked straight into my soul.

I felt my fingers tingling and heart racing. Im gonna make it! Gonna make it!

"Yeah!!!" I heard Jimin's cheer. The whole room looked for where the voice came from. he ran out from the back door and cheered, "Yah babyyyy! Im th eone who helped her!" He threw his fists in the air with excitement. The younger judges smiled and laughed, but the elders glared into his soul.

Their lips quivered as they searched for words. Jimin and I did a happy dance before taking in the news.

One of the judges let out a heavy sigh and shook her head, "Im sorry. We can't allow you to audition anymore."

Both Jimin and I stepped closer, "HUH!?"

"Wha- Wha wha- Why!?" I stuttered and panicked. Jimin sulked and looked blankly to who knows where.