Chapter 9

My eyes quickly snap open at the smell of pancakes. Yawning, I sit up and stretch. Opening my eyes, I see Mason sitting on his bed eating pancakes. I cringe as syrup drops on to his white sheets. I cringe even more when I realize that I'm the one that does laundry. He must of felt me judging him because he turns and looks at me.

"Morning, there are pancakes in the bag for you." He points to the bag sitting on top of the mini fridge.

He bought me pancakes? Thats unlike him. Especially after what has happened between us. "Thanks." I mutter and grab them. I bring them back to my bed with a towel. I wasn't going to risk the extra laundry.

"So how was it at Cj's the other night?" Mason asks. I watch as he shoves half of a pancake in his mouth.

I shrug,"it was ok."
Except for the part of sleep on the couch. That was my fault though. I wanted to add how I didn't really like our kiss but I decided against it. That's personal information that he would just use against me somehow.He wouldn't really care anyways. I don't even know why I'm talking to him now. I should have just ignored him.

"It was just ok? You sure, because I herd from someone that you and Cj were having a make out session in his living room." He smirks.

"Dylan," I growl. He must have texted the others sometime after. "We weren't making out. It was a short kiss. It was literally like a second long and it was awful for a first-." I slap a hand over my mouth as soon as I realize what I had just confessed out loud. I couldn't help myself. It just came out before I could even think!

"What?" Mason raises his eyebrow. He crosses his arms and he corners of his lips turn up. He's definitely going to use this against me. Why couldn't I have thought before I spoke?

"What?" I asked confused. I needed to play as dumb as possible. Maybe he would forget about it.

"You didn't like it?" Mason questions. He seemed shocked.  His eyes were wide and the smile on his face was creepy. Why did he care if I liked it or not?

"Uh well, not really." I say calmly. Him knowing I didn't like it can't be that bad. This isn't that big of a deal.

"You have to break it off with him." Mason blurts out. Now he slaps his hand over his mouth. He quickly removes it and hides any emotion he had. His face was now blank and he didn't look like he cared anymore.

"What? Why would I do that? Cj's a good guy. And I like him."

"If you didn't like the kiss, then break up with him. You obviously don't have feelings for him. The first kiss is like the gateway to the whole relationship. Might as well end it now before one of you gets hurt." Is he serious? Since when is he a relationship expert? He can't even keep one girl.

"I'm not breaking up with him over one kiss. Maybe the next one will be different." Hopefully, I wanted to prove Mason wrong. One bad kiss does not conclude my feelings.

"Can we change the subject please?" I ask. The room goes silent for a while.  It seems like he never knows what to say unless he's teasing me or trying to prove me wrong. He really likes to argue too.

"Um, I wanted to say I'm sorry for what I said the other day." Mason apologized. "It was uncalled for and I took it way to far. I never meant to blow up on you like that. So, I just want you to know that I'm really sorry. I hope that you can forgive me." He gives me a small smile and rubs the back of his neck.

He actually apologized. The Mason Chains just apologized to me. I'm not one to hold a grudge and he looks like he's really serious.

"I forgive you."

"Really," his head shoots up and he stares at me. "I felt like you may tell me no. Or that you hate me or something."

"You apologized. Saying I don't forgive you for a little fight would be immature. I know that you're sorry so I forgive you."

"I'm glad you forgive me. Hug?" He opens his arms. Wow, this is weird.  I couldn't help to think about how cute he looked in this moment. He looked like a little boy.

"Um okay."

I awkwardly wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls me close by the waist and placed his head on my shoulder. This felt a little too intimate. It also didn't feel as weird as I thought it would. I felt relaxed and relieved that neither one of us was mad anymore.

When I went to step back, I managed to slip on a empty water bottle. To try to save myself from falling, I grabbed on to Mason. It was a reflex. I close my eyes as I feel both of us tumbling to the ground.

Mason landed on top of me. He uses his hands to hold his weight so he didn't  crush me. Now that is skill.

"I'm sorry!" I apologize.  I begin to get up and accidentally bump my head with his. "I'm so sorry." I say again and lay back down. He lets out a small chuckle.

"It's okay, are you okay?" He asks. I nod in response. I was super embarrassed and couldn't speak.

We sat there in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was more of a comfortable silence. Why wasn't he getting up? And why is he staring at me like that? I stare back and can feel the heat rising to my cheeks. I never realized how beautiful his eyes were. Now looking at them up close, they were really beautiful.

"You're so beautiful." Mason whispers. He raises a hand to place a piece of hair behind my ear. Did Mason really say I was beautiful?

"T-thank you." I stutter. Mason eyes move from my eyes to my lips. He begins to lean in. My breath wavers as I stay still in my spot. His lips were so close to mine, if he would have talked, they would of brushed mine. His lips were almost on mine when a thought popped into my head. Cj.  My eyes widen and I quickly push Mason off of me.

My chest rose quickly as I tried to catch my breath. My mind wonders as I try to think of what I was just about to do.

I can't believe I was going to let him kiss me. What is wrong with me? I have a boyfriend.
Even though we didn't kiss, I feel guilty. I feel guilty for wanting Mason to kiss me.