Chapter Twenty Three: Dont stare. If you want a photo, just ask

"See our hands intertwine, feel our hearts beating in time. I wanna hold you, hold you all night, I wanna tell you that it's alright."
- 5 seconds of summer, Never Be
Guys. We are so close to 1k. Let's try and get there with this chapter yeah?
_______________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty Three: Don't stare. If you want a photo, just ask

Two weeks after her return from the X-Factor, Maxine was just starting to get used to normal life. School. Homework. Waking up to an alarm every morning. It had taken a while to get back into ruteen, but for someone who'd been running on a shedual for most of her life, it wasn't as hard as she thought it was going to be.
Maixne did miss her friends though. Every chance she got, she'd be texting Holly or James, keeping up with all the behind the scenes gossip on the show. She'd often talk to Noah or Oliver over the phone for hours, telling jokes or listening to a song one of them had been writing. But she missed Jesse the most. Though they had only been together a week before Maxine left the show, she'd grown to expect him to be standing right behind her any minute of the day. To suddenly wrap his arms around her unexpectedly and nuzzle his nose into her neck. She missed the kisses on the end of her nose and the way he'd grab her hand as they walked together. She was awear that she sounded pathetic, but she couldn't help it. She really did miss him.

That Saturday, Maxine was out with Jena at the local shopping centre (mall for those of you who have no idea what that is) Racheal was out on a date with her boyfriend, he was away in Perth for a family thing. Maxine had never met him, mainly because Racheal didn't want her scary friends scaring him away. They were just leaving the food court when a loud squeal cut through the air. Jena jumped and clapped a hand to her ear.

"Bloody hell!" She said, annoyed. "What was that?" Two girls came into view just ahead of them, gripping each other's hands. They both had excited grins on their faces, like they could hardly stop themselves from squealing again.

"Maxine Waters?" One of them asked. " Is that you?"

"Oh here we go." Jena muttered, rolling her eyes. "Get ready for the celebrity act everyone!" She glared at the two girls. "Don't stare. If you want a photo, just ask."
Maxine sent her elbow into Jenas side who let out a muffled grunt and jump d away from her. Then Maixne turned her attention to the two smaller girls. Her body guard, Kate took a step towards them, but Maxine waved her off.

"Hello." She said, smiling down at them. "Yes, I'm Maxine waters." The two girls squealed, jumping up and down. People were starting to stare and Jena sifted uncomfortably from one foot to another. Before she could say anything, one of the girls spoke.

"Oh my God! I love you so much! You're such an amazing singer! I am so going to vote for you on the Chance Card!" Jena suddenly became interested, dropping the bag of mints she was holding.

"Wait what?" She asked. "The Chance Card? What's the Chance Card?" The two girls grinned.

"It's a second chance at the show! Every person who's ever been kicked out of gets a second shot by getting people to vote for them. The one who gets the highest amount of votes gets to go back on the show!" Maxine was frozen. She could go back on the show? Back to the boys and Holly? Back to living in a place that she liked and back to doing what she loved? It was almost too good to be true.

"Who's in the running at the moment?" Maxine asked. The girl thought for a second.

"Umm, Juliet Albright, The Jones Brothers, Katie Greene, Austin Blue and you!" Maixne blinked.

"What?" Jena interrupted. "You mean Maxine could have another shot at pulling it off? She could get out of this hell hole?" The girls looked a little taken aback by Jenas sudden outburst and Maxine put her hand on her arm.

"Thank you for telling me girls." She said. The girls beamed. Then one of them held out a rolled up poster.

"Could you sign this for us please?" One of them asked.

"Of course." Maxine said smiling. Kate tossed her a sharpie and Maxine unrolled the the poster, letting out a gasp when she saw it was a picture of herself singing on stage. It had been taken the week before she got thrown off. She quickly signed her name and then handed it back to the two girls. They both hugged her and thanked her for talking to them before Kate let them back through the croud and they disappeared round the corner, giggling and jumping up and down. Jena looped her arm through Maxines as they started for the car park.

"You're on the chance card Max! You could get away with this."

"I could." Maxine replied as the car came to meet them. "But I probably won't."

Later that night after she'd had dinner with her parents, Maxine went up to her room. She took a quick shower and then climbed into bed, pulling the covers up over her. She was almost asleep when her phone ring, jerking her out of dream land. With a grown, she pressed it to her ear, throwing her arm across her eyes.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Turn the TV on right now."

"Dylan? Why?" Maxine sat up reaching for the remote.

"Just do it!"

With a sigh, she turned on the set, and flicked to channel Nine where the X-Factor was being screened. Amber was standing on stage with the Chance Card in her hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Tonight is the night that we revel the two possible contestants who will be returning to us. The winning contestant will be notified by their judge and brought back to the contestant house, though you Australia and the other X-Factor contestants will have no idea who the winner is until they are announced next week. And now Ladies and gentlemen, the two possible contestants are......
Juliet Albright and Maxine Waters!"

Maxine froze with her eyes on the screen, she could hear Dylan talking, but she couldn't understand what he was saying.

"Bro, can I call you back?" She asked. Without waiting to hear his response, Maxine ended the call and stared at the TV where the croud was cheering and the judges were in their feet. Suddenly, her phone rang again, flashing an unknown number. Still in a daze, Maxine reached out and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Well." Said Danis voice and on the screen, Maxine could see her speaking into a mouth piece, hardly noticeable. "How do you feel about returning to the X-Factor? We miss you."

____________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! Here's the next chapter! I hope you like it!
QOTC: What movie are you really looking forward to seeing?
AOTC: Mockingjay part 2
I'm going to be on camp for a week, so I'll be MIA for a while! Sorry!
Lots of love
Jaymie