Chapter Sixteen: What are you? Telepathic or something?

A real girl isn't perfect and a perfect girl isn't real."
                                    - Harry Styles

Unedited guys! Dedicated to BitterBlu  For her help with spelling mistakes and helpful ideas! Thank you Neeka!

____________________________________________________________

Chapter Sixteen: World War Three is about to start

On the dawn of family weekend, Maxine was awake early. She wondered down to the kitchens as she knew that if she stayed in the dorm, she'd end up waking Juliet and Holly. When she reached the dining door, Amber was sitting at one end of the long table with a cup of coffee and some toast. She looked up when the door closed behind Maxine and smiled at her.
"Good morning Maxine." Maxine stared at her for a second. She'd never spoken to Amber other then on the stage. But she managed to smiled and sat down opposite her.
"Good morning."
"Couldn't sleep?" Amber asked, taking a bite of her toast. Maxine shook her head. "Existed to be seeing your family?" Maxine shrugged.
"I guess. I'm existed about seeing my brother." Amber smiled.
"I'm excited about seeing your brother too." Maxine laughed. Amber wiggled her eyebrows at her, suggestively, making Maxine laugh even harder.
"Are you a secret fan of my brother?" Maxine asked. Amber blushed and looked down at her plate.
"Maybe. . . But you can't tell anyone I said so!" Maxine giggled, putting up a hand over her mouth.
"Well I'll be sure to introduce you as long as you promise not the scream."
"Oh course not." Amber said, breezily waving her hand. "That might go to his head and enlarge his ego. We definitely don't want that."

Just then the doors to the kitchen opened and a woman entered the room carrying a huge tray of cutlery. Her long blond hair was plated down her back and her Chiefs uniform hugged her large figure rather well. But her eyes were kind. She smiled when she saw Maxine sitting at the table with Amber.
"Another early riser I see." She said, her strong English accent washing over Maxine like a wave. "What's your name dear?"
"This is Maxine Waters Ma." Amber said, putting her mug on her plate and standing up. "She the one I was telling you about." Maxine frowned.
"Ma?" She asked. The woman smiled, putting down the huge tray of cutlery and holding out her hand for Maxine to shake.
"Kristina Lyres at your service. I'm the main chef  around here and yes, I'm Ambers Mama." Maxine shook the hand that was offered to her and smiled.
"So is Sky your youngest?" Amber blinked and even Kristina looked a little confused.
"You've met Sky?" Amber asked. Maxine shrugged.
"She spotted me on our first day." Amber sighed.
"I hope she didn't bother you." Kristina said, frowning, "she's a little hard to control sometimes." Maxine hurriedly shook her head.
"No, of course not." She stood up quickly before Kristina could say anything else. "Can I help?" She asked, pointing to the tray of cutlery. Kristina looked suprised.
"Why thank you dear that would be lovely. Normally Mr Cole comes down to help me. But he must be still asleep." Maxine raised her eyebrows.
"Jesse comes down to help you?" She asked, picking up a handful of cutlery and beginning to set the huge table. Kristina nodded.
"Yep. I've been teaching him how to cook. Said he'd like to know before he moves out of home for good. Said it'd be better if he knew how to feed himself without burning the house down." Maxine laughed just as Ambers phone went off and she pressed it to her ear,  hurrying out of the dining room.
"Hmm. Jesse Cole doesn't come across as a person who would want to cook." Kristina laughed.
"Well,  the boy has quite a hidden talent for it I must admit. Now dear if you would help me with these sausages that would be great."
Maxine spent most of the morning in the kitchen with Kristina. She learnt that Kristinas whole family is somehow involved with the X-Factor. Her husband Will drives the tour buses, their eldest son Ashton is the main camera man and Sky sometimes helps out in the costume department.
About two hours had past when Amber came back in again, cheaking something on her blackberry. She looked up when she heard Maxine.
"You may want to go and get ready Maxine." She said. "The families get here in an hour." Maixne nodded. She took off her apron and handed it back to Kristina before running back up the stairs to the dorms. Juliet and Holly were both running around like crazy with hair straighteners and makeup bags, both fighting for the first dibs of the bathroom.
"Would you please shut up and chill out for just a second?" Maxine begged, zipping up her skirt and slipping her feet into a pair of ballet flats. Both Juliet and Holly froze, skidding to a stop right outside the bathroom door. Maxine rubbed a hand over her eyes. "Thank you. Now both you need to chill out! It's just your families for God sakes! It's not like you've never seen them before." Both Holly and Juliet looked at each other and the back at Maxine.
"There are going to be cameras with us when we go out Maxine." Juliet said as Holly took another inching step towards the bathroom. "We need to look good for the public!" Maxine rolled her eyes.
"And the public would want you to look real. Not like a bunch of barbie dolls." Holly rolled her eyes.
"We're not going to look like Barbie dolls Max. Now come here." She held out her hand whilst stopping Juliet from getting into the bathroom. Maxine eyed the curling wand in her hand suspiciously.
"Why?"
"Because I want to do your hair. And Jules is going to do your makeup. Now get over here now before I make you."