Thirty Two

Then it goes black.

Karlie is dancing, grinning as one of her oldest friends talks trash that doesn't exactly make sense into her ear as well as trying to keep in time with the music. Cara is the friend. She's so pissed she can barely stand up, only managing to dance as it's harder to fall over in a thick throng. The blonde is conscious that her girlfriend left and hasn't returned but she's probably talking to someone else as it's been a hectic night so far. So it's probably nothing to worry about.

An hour later and Karlie still hasn't seen her girlfriend. She'd expected to see her through the crowds or skirting around the edge of the room but she hasn't showed up yet. Deciding to go and search for the birthday girl, she excuses herself and breaks into an area of space just off the dance floor. The singer had gone off in the opposite direction so the model figures that if she retraces the older girls steps she'll have a better chance of finding her more quickly. Various people say hello as she edges around the clutch of dancing people to where her girlfriend walked off. Always being sociable, she smiles and mouths a greeting back that the different party goers accept and turn back to bobbing to the beat. The twenty two year old checks the kitchen before a shout alarms her, sending her reeling back into the front room. "Taylor?" A voice shouts, noticeably British. "Why're you on the floor?" The voice is also slurring minutely.

Panicking, Karlie rushes over shoving through the crowd manically. "Tay?" She croaks as she sees the blondes body unconscious on the wooden floor. The music has stopped and the tallest party guest is bending over her girlfriend trying to find any sign of life. A weak pulse is still beating but the singers breathing is shallow, a warm tickle on the models cheek and she leans back onto her heels.

Still blatantly drunk Cara says, "why is she on the floor?"

"Go crash in the spare room Cara. Someone roughly sober call an ambulance please," she instructs. The crowd disperses, only Lily standing in shock as she stares at Taylor. Her dark eyes seem sad and the model realises she's not the only one who's panicking and feeling her heart pounding against her chest. "I'll come with you," the older model murmurs, helping the trembling younger girl to her feet and bringing her into her chest to attempt to comfort her. Against the brunettes warmth she starts to cry, small drops of fear and sadness trickling down her face. If only she'd been more caring, she thought.

Ten minutes later and four paramedics rush onto the scene, taking in the celebrity prescience before running to where Lily and the model are waging them over. Beyoncé is watching with Justin Timberlake by her side with a concerned look on her face. It's not just them that look concerned however: Austin is hurrying everyone out of the apartment, telling them they'll receive news as soon as possible and thanking them for attending. Cara is already asleep in the guest room so it doesn't matter that she hasn't left. Knowing that she won't remember much, Karlie scribbles a quick note to her.

Cara,
Gone to hospital with Tay as she collapsed. Idk if you remember but I'll contact you ASAP. Aspirin is in the cupboard next to the sink.
Xx
Karlie :/

The ambulance only lets one of the girls in so Lily darts off with Austin while the younger model clambers into the van and sits holding her girlfriends hand and rubbing it reassuringly. It's silent. Only the paramedics mumbling occasionally and checking various things breaks the silence. Looking at Karlie, one of the paramedics with a southern drawl asks, "any medical conditions Miss Swift suffers from?"

Thinking carefully, the model answers, "she has medicine for anxiety but it's only for attacks," informing them of the mild problem that sometimes becomes heightened around album release time.

"And has anything of a similar nature happened before?"

Glancing at the unconscious woman, the twenty two year old gulps, "she hit her head about three months ago and was unconscious for a couple of days."

"Okay." They all scribble some information down before one of them adds a 'thank you'. Then the hospital looms into view and the blonde is rushed out, followed closely by the younger girl who is frantically looking for paparazzi as well as keeping track of where her girlfriend is being wheeled.

Still awake even though it's just turned six o'clock in the morning, the tall girl is texting all the guests to tell them the singer is 'stable but the doctors are still trying to find out why she fainted in the first place and we're now waiting for her to wake up.'

Taylor's family are around: Andrea, Scott and Austin at intervals. They're all very tense and the singers mother is crying as she goes into her daughters room and sees her immobile in the bed. Karlie still hasn't moved from the seat outside her girlfriends private room, frozen from fear and shock, her stomach craving food but her brain not letting her move to get it. "How are you?" A deeper voice asks from beside her. It's Austin.

"I-I'm okay," she mutters, shivering slightly as the hospital corridors aren't exactly warm at this time of year.

Looking at her sympathetically, the man gives her his coat as he has a jumper on as well before looking her in the eye seriously. "I don't know if you've heard Karlie but the doctors are expecting the affects of this fall to be even worse than the last ones. They say she'll wake up within a week but no one knows how she'll be when she does. Mom is going to stay at Taylor's apartment with her and even though she'll get her memory back eventually, it could be a while before she remembers anything."

"I don't care how long it takes," the taller girl mumbles, "I'll always be here for her when I can."

---------
Please comment and vote.

I love you all and next weeks update will be longer.
However, I'm hoping this update may give me 50k reads. That would be amazing

Love Emily ❤️