Chapter 38: Engagement Announcement

That Saturday Fawn and Isabella invited their closest friends and family to their house for a party.

Fawn was setting up the dining room table for dinner. Isabella was pouring everyone drinks. When they both finished they stood at the end of the table. Isabella picked up her glass as everyone was getting seated and tapped it with her spoon.

"May I have your attention?" Isabella asked. Everybody turned to look at her. Fawn and Isabella had borrowed a second dining room table for the day. Everyone was there. The Montoyas, the Youngs, the Brins, the Yi-Zhaos, and the Adams.

Fawn smiled. "We wanted to thank you for being here today. And we had some wonderful news to tell you."

"Isabella's pregnant with your baby?!" Lan asked jokingly while she was holding baby Fawn.

Fawn laughed loudly. Isabella shook her head as she chuckled. "No," Isabella answered. "No thank you. Not yet."

"Oo!" Anna-Marie raised her left hand up. Then she twisted her arm so they'd see her engagement ring. "Are you two engaged too?!"

Fawn and Isabella smiled at each other. "Actually..." Isabella said. Fawn reaches out her left hand and showed everybody her engagement ring.

There was much celebration afterwards.

~~~~

After dinner Fawn and Isabella were talking to Lan and Anna-Marie.

"Congratulations guys!" Lan said as she hugged Fawn and Isabella.

"I'm glad you finally did it, Iz!" Anna-Marie added.

Fawn frowned. "Wait, what? You guys knew?"

Anna nodded. "Yep! Since Joseph and the dinosaur."

Fawn looked at Isabella. "Aww!" She kissed her fiancée on the cheek.

Lan smiled. "Married life is gonna be awesome, guys. It's often a lot of work, but it's one of the best things I've ever done. Only second to having kids. I wish you guys so much happiness." She hugged them both again.

Anna-Marie joined in on the hug. "Me too. I'm only engaged but I know how Lan feels. I'm happy for you guys."

"Thank you," Fawn said. "We're happy for you guys and your lives, too."

"Of course," Isabella agreed. "Always."

~~~~

"Isabella!"

Isabella turned to see her oldest sister smiling at her. "Congrats, again, Iz."

"Gracias, Elizabeth." Isabella hugged her sister, who she was actually the same height as. Elizabeth, Isabella, and Patrick were the only Montoya kids that were tall. Everybody else was shorter like their mother, who was 5'6". Isabella always felt weird being tall at 5'11", especially since Hispanics and girls on average tend to be shorter. Elizabeth helped her gain her confidence with being tall. Elizabeth was still technically shorter than Isabella by an inch but she still helped Isabella gain her confidence. She was only able to hug her two siblings and her father without having the height difference be weird.

Isabella pulled away from her hug with her sister and she already had a tear dripping down her face.

"No," Elizabeth said, shaking her head. "No no no. Don't start with me! No gracias! I'm not ready to cry!"