Chapter 4: His Return And Other News

Fawn read her own poem aloud later that Sunday in Anna-Marie's bedroom:

""I bask in the glory of Nerdville,
To where I dwell alone.
I am the last, the very last,
The very last girl to ever roam.
I am special.
I do as I wish in this world ruled by men.
I do as I wish more than the man who lives in a den.
I bask in the glory of Nerdville, where I am a nerd.
Nobody messes with me or the king will bear my word.
The king trusts me very dearly in this Nerdville.
He even loves me so much I do not pay the bills.
I bask in the glory of Nerdville, where I do so wish some more.
Come, visit Nerdville.
Come.
And explore."

Anna-Marie, Lan, and Isabella clapped once Fawn was done reading.

Fawn smiled shyly at her friends, who all decided to go to Anna-Marie's house for the night.

"Um, thanks," Fawn said. "I call it 'I Bask In The Glory of Nerdville'. I'm going to hand it in for English. Do you think it's good?"

"Yes!" Lan half-yelled. "I think it's wonderful! You need to make that into a story!"

"Hmm." Fawn thought for a second. "Maybe I will."

Isabella's phone rang like she was getting a phone call. "Oh," Isabella said. "Sorry. I gotta take this. It's my dad. But sweetie, that was great!" Isabella got up, and left the room.

"I think that you will get an A when you hand that in tomorrow," Anna-Marie said. "Trust me. Mrs. Johnson will love it! I've known her for about five years. She'll definitely love it. And because of how awesome this is you should be able to graduate high school before the new year. Just like the rest of us!"

"Um, uh, um, thanks," Fawn stammered as she blushed with a smile.

Isabella screamed out in the hallway.

"Bella?!" Fawn yelled.

Isabella opened the door and went into Anna-Marie's room.

"Bella, what is it?"

Isabella was hyperventilating. "My..." She evened her breaths. "That wasn't my dad who called me. It was my mom."

"What?!" Anna-Marie, Fawn, and Lan yelled at the same time.

"Yeah. And...and she told me that...she just got married. To...to Joseph. And..." Isabella swallowed. "My mom...besides the baby she was pregnant with when we last saw her... My mom had another baby. Her...her ninth child. And...and it's Joseph's."

"What?!" The other three girls yelled again. Except that time it was more like a screech.

"Yeah. She now has...Elizabeth, Maria, Rosalinda, me, Richard, Patrick, Francisco... Joseph...and Coletta. Those are their kids. I...I have a sibling that...whose dad is Joseph..." Isabella started crying. "I...I knew that they were together. She told me two years ago that they started dating. But...but I didn't think that they would get married and have a baby. This is bad. This is really...really bad." Isabella collapsed on the floor and started crying again.

Anna-Marie, Fawn, and Lan laid down on the floor next to Isabella, and they all started bear hugging her.

"It's okay, Bella," Fawn said. "We'll make everything better." Fawn looked at Anna-Marie. "And you will get your revenge once and for all. For our little sister. For Megan. We will kill them. We will kill them all. Joseph the Dickhead. Violeta. And her children Joseph and Coletta. We. Will. Get rid of them."