Chapter 31: Before You Save The World, Spend Time With Your Family

When everybody got back to earth they parted ways.

Anna-Marie went inside her mother's house, which was where they had sort of "parked" the spaceship. She knocked on the back door before walking inside.

"Hey Mom!" Anna-Marie called.

"In the kitchen!" Katelyn yelled back.

Anna-Marie walked into the kitchen and saw Katelyn putting a ham in the oven. She smiled at Anna-Marie as she closed the oven. "Hey."

"Hey." Anna-Marie smiled. "I know you probably figured it out, but we're home. All of us are safe."

"Good. I'm glad." Katelyn stepped towards Anna-Marie and they hugged.

"Hey Mama?"

"Yes, dear?"

"I'm scared."

"I know, sweetie... I know."

"Not just about Joseph... Though he's the main thing... I think... I have my suspicions about something that I should probably tell Erik about... It's something really good though. I'm just not sure if we're ready..." Anna-Marie was afraid that she might've given it away. If Katelyn knew she gave no indication.

"Well that's probably something to go over with Erik," Katelyn said, stroking Anna-Marie's hair. "You can talk about it with me later and how it turns out, yeah? You should get to Erik right now."

Anna-Marie nodded then loosened up the hug to step back. "Thank you, Mom."

Katelyn smiled, and kissed Anna-Marie on her forehead. "You're welcome, sweetie."

"I should probably go home. To talk about this with Erik."

Katelyn nodded. "Good idea. Text or call me when you get home so I know you're safe."

Anna-Marie nodded with a smile. "Don't worry. I will."

~~~~

Anna-Marie went home to see Erik.

"Honey!" Anna-Marie yelled. "I'm –!"

Anna-Marie walked into the living room and saw Erik on the couch reading a book. Erik smiled. "Yes, I can see. You're home."

Anna-Marie smiled weakly. "Yeah... I am..." She scratched the back of her head. "So, uh...Erik?" She dropped her arm.

Erik looked back up at her. "Yes, love?"

"I, uh... I need to talk to you about something."

Erik put the bookmark in his book and put it down, leaning forward in his seat.

"You, uh... You love me, right?"

Erik smiled. "Yes. Of course I do."

Anna-Marie smiled, too. "Yes, um, thank you... And you know I love you too, right?"

"Yes. Of course."

"Yeah... Well I don't know if I say it enough so I love you... I love you. And, uh, you...you like living together, right?"

"Yes. Very much so. It's so much better than having to get in a car to see you."

"Yes... And you...you wanna get married some day, yes?"

"Yes. Of course. When the time is right. I've been thinking about proposing to you since we were in high school."

Anna-Marie smiled widely at this. "Um... And you, uh...you wanna have...kids someday, yes?"

"Well, yes. I've always wanted to have a family with you. Whenever you feel like you're ready."

"Um...pardon?"