Chapter 41: The Chapter You've All Been Waiting For

"How did you get Fawn to calm down?" Lan asked the next day. Lan, Isabella, Fawn, and the very pregnant Anna-Marie all went out to lunch.

Isabella smiled. "I have my ways."

Fawn looked at Isabella. "You're allowed to tell them."

Isabella smirked. "Fine. I gave her a massage then we –"

"I get the point," Anna-Marie said. "You had sex."

"Duh."

"Sex is proven to help relieve stress," Fawn said. She picked up her drink. "I can confirm that that's true." She smiled before taking a sip.

Lan laughed. "Hey, whatever works!"

"How's everything going?" Anna-Marie asked. "Besides the obvious stress." Anna-Marie hadn't been part of the wedding planning for a few months now since she was dealing with her pregnancy.

Isabella smiled. "Really well, actually. There were some bumps in the road, but it's all coming together. I honestly can't wait."

Fawn smiled at Isabella. "Neither can I."

Lan smiled. "If there's anything else that Li and I can do to help just let us know."

"Same here," Anna-Marie said. "I'll help as much as I can, though."

Fawn smiled. "Thanks. But I'm pretty sure we're good."

~~~~

November 22nd. The big day.

Isabella had gotten into her dress. She was standing in front of the mirror, examining it one last time. She got a traditional white dress. It was sleeveless. The top part was plain but still elegant. Around her waist was a silver design. After the silver her white skirt turned to tool and flowed all the way down to the floor. 

Isabella put her hands on the top part of her dress, then rested her hands on her hips. "I think this works."

"It better!" Elizabeth said as she walked into the room from the bathroom. "Papa paid a lot of money for that!"

Isabella smiled in the mirror. "It's beautiful. I love it. I just...what if it's not good enough? What if she doesn't like it?"

"She'll love it. Even if she really doesn't, she loves you and wants you to feel as beautiful as you can. And she'll think you're as beautiful as you feel. Maybe even more so."

Isabella smiled again. "Thank you... I feel like a princess in this."

"No. You're not a princess."

Isabella turned to look at her sister, her smile dropped.

Elizabeth smiled. "You finally look like the queen you are."

Isabella smiled. "You're the best."

"I try. Now come on. We gotta finish up with you."

~~~~

Fawn was sitting in front of the vanity. She sighed as she relaxed her shoulders and stared at herself in the mirror. Her hair was done in a nice updo. It was almost like a thick bun at the base of the skull. Her hair on her right side had a bump to it. It kind of reminded her of some 1950s hairstyle that was pretty specific to the era. She also had on makeup – and she was a bit extra about it. She wore sparkly silver eyeshadow with bright red lipstick. She almost decided to wear eyeliner but didn't want to take the attention away from her eyeshadow.

"You look beautiful."

Fawn looked up and saw her mother smiling at her.

Fawn smiled back. "I know. Thank you."