Chapter 31 >> Last Night

Friday 17th April

Scarlett's POV

I didn't bother with going to school today. There is no way that I would be able to focus knowing that Luke is leaving for London tomorrow. He said that he would be at my house to pick me up for our date at 6, and I didn't have long left.

I rush to my cupboard and pull out a pair of electric blue heels. I stare at them in my hands for a couple of seconds, contemplating whether I can handle the pain that they will bring tonight or not. I hear a knock from down stairs and quickly slip them on. One last look in the mirror while I adjust the waist of my leather pants and grab my clutch and walk down the stairs.

"Coming Luke, sorry!" I yell towards the front door but walk into the kitchen. No one is home at the moment, dad is definitely still at work, hopefully mum is still at work but her knows these days and Eli is staying at friends house. I quickly scribe down a note, mainly for dad to let him know that I am safe and staying out tonight.

I leave the note on the bench and walk to the front door. I open it and watch Luke's head quickly jolt up and a smile appear on his face. My eyes scan up and down while he leans one arm against the door frame and the other hand resting in his pocket. Oh wow did he look fine, with the white button up shirt and leather jacket over the top.

"Hey gorgeous." He greets me and peeks a kiss onto my lips.

"Hey handsome, don't you scrub up well. Not even a rip in the knee, I'm impressed." I tease and walk out of the house, locking the door behind me.

"Very funny." He chuckles and places his hand on the small of my back, leading me to the car. Luke opens the door for me and walks over to his side, sliding in and starting the car.

"So where are you taking me?" I ask and buckle my seat belt up.

"Out for dinner-" Luke says very slowly. "-and then somewhere fun-" Still slowly. "-and then home for some, other type of fun." He finishes and winks at.

"I didn't agree to that last bit." I say and I watch Luke rolls his eyes. A quiet laugh escapes my mouth and a small tug at the side of his mouth forms.

A couple of seconds later we pull into a small carpark with a restaurant in front. We get out of the car and make our way to the entrance and I recognise the restaurant. I came here for one of my parents work dinners once. This place is always booked out. How did Luke get us a table?

"Reservation for Hemmings." Luke tell the waiter and he looks down to the book.

"No worries sir, right this way." The gentleman guides us through the restaurant and seats us at a table next to the window with a lovely view.

"Luke, how did you get a reservation here? You have to book weeks and weeks in advance for this place." I ask and he takes his jacket off placing it on the back of the chair.

"The head chef is a family friend, so I pulled some strings." Luke tells me and picks up one of the menus on the table.

.....

"So where to next?" I ask Luke as we walk out of the restaurant. Instead of turning to the car park, he pulls me the other way and we walk down the street.

"You'll see." He says and I slip my fingers in between his.

We walk for a couple hundred of meters before stop in front of an arcade store. I turn my head towards Luke and give him a questioning look.

"Don't worry, were not going to be playing games." Luke says and a wave os relief flows over me. He still pulls me inside the store, dodging through all the machines.