Chapter 7 >> Resist

Friday 30th January

Sam's POV

It was getting really late now and we had to leave soon. After truth or dare we sprawled out across the lounge in our drunken state and watched a movie. We watched Mean Girls and everyone was laughing the whole time.

At one stage Calum dragged me into his side and cuddled me, resting his head on my shoulder. Sometimes he would just randomly kiss my cheek multiple times. It kind of felt awkward because i just got out of a serious relationship and i didn't want to jump straight into a new one. There was no denying that i didn't have feelings for Calum, but i just wasn't sure about the whole situation.

The movie finished and we all sat up and I looked down to Scarlett and Luke on the Floor lying close to eachother.

"I think its time for us to go now." I said yawning.

"Yer, if my parents wake up in the morning and we aren't in my room, they probably will never let me out of the house again. Ever." Scarlett said sitting up and facing me.

It's true, if Scar's patents saw that we had snuck out, it would be the end of her social life. They would only let her go to school and back home. We both got up slowly and made our way over to the door. I gave Calum a long hug and a kiss on the cheek before walking out the door.

Scarlett's POV

I sat up and walked to the toilet before leaving to go home. As I was washing my hands, I was interrupted with arms snaking around my waist from behind. I looked into the mirror to see Luke with his head on my shoulder.

"I thought that we were meant to stay away from each other?" I asked Luke.

"I guess I just can't resist." He whispered and started to slowly kiss up my neck. His kisses felt like heaven on my skin and I didn't want him to stop but I knew we were both drunk and would regret it in the morning.

"Luke," I sighed "please."

"Mhm that's my name, get used to it. You will soon be screaming it." At first I was a bit taken back by his comment, but ended chuckling at his version of sexy drunk. I grabbed a hold of Luke's forearms and pried them off my waist. I turned around and was met by Luke's eyes looking straight back into mine, he sent me a quick before leaving the room and walking to the front door.

Sam and I walked out of the house and towards my house after thanking the boys for a nice night. We were walking through the park, which was actually pretty scaring at night for two teenage girls. We had finally reached my house and to the window that we previously climbed out of. It was still left open a crack; just like I left it so we could get back inside. If I had of closed the window there is no way that we would be able to get back inside.

We made our way up the stairs really quietly in hopes not to wake up my parents. If they also saw me drunk, I would be grounded for life. Thankfully we made it back into my bedroom without waking anybody up.

...

I woke the next morning with a bounding in my head and Sam passed out next to me. I tried to wake her up, but there was no use. She just kept mumbling random words, which I wish recorded.

I searched around the room trying to find my phone but I wasn't anywhere. I was praying that I didn't leave it at Calum's, because that would be a pain having to walk all the way there again, even though it wasn't really that far. I picked up Sam's phone that I found on the floor and started to call Calum.

"Hello?" Calum said in a husky morning voice.

"Hey Calum Its Scarlett, I was just wondering if I left my phone at your house last night?" I said worrying that he would say no.

"Yer you did, Luke found it this morning. He left not long ago and said that he was going to drop by your house to give it back to you." At that moment all the memories of Luke and I came flooding back and I really did not want to see him. The truth or Dare and the little scene in the bathroom were all horrifying memories that I just didn't want to remember.

"Shit! Okay thanks for your help Calum."

"No worries Scarlett." With that I hung up the phone and walked out the front hopefully to find Luke on his way here.

I was already out the front when I remembered that I was still wearing what I wore to bed. A pair of the shortest shorts can be and a Paramore t-shirt that almost went past my shorts. I was about to run back inside to change, but then I saw Luke and he had already seen me. I took in Luke appearance and he managed to look perfect in the most simple of outfits. He was just wearing ripped black jeans and a plain white top and he still looked incredibly attractive. What am I even saying? I cant think that Luke it attractive, he is so rude and all he wanted from me at the party was sex.

With all the thoughts in my head, I hadn't noticed that Luke was almost near me.

"Hey Scarlett, here's your phone, I found it in the bathroom after you left." Just thinking of what happened in the bathroom made me blush, but in an embarrassing way.

"Thanks Luke, Calum said you had it. I was just about to come and find you." I said not really being able to look him in the eyes yet.

"So about last night-" He started but interrupted him and looked him in the eyes,

"Look Luke, about last night, it was a mistake and I am sure that you understand that we cant keep doing that stuff." Luke's face dropped as I said those words but I am sure that its just because he wanted to be the ones to say them.

"Yer that's exactly what I was going to say." Luke said to me in a shaky voice.

"Thanks for understanding and thanks for the phone again." I said to him with a smile.

"That's no worries Scar, I'll see you on Monday." He smiled back, but it didn't look too convincing. He pulled a smoke out from his pocket and lit it up as he walked to his house down the road.