Chapter 45 >> Shower

Friday 25th December 

Scarlett's POV

My eyes flutter open steadily and I immediately squint from the sunlight beaming in through the window. My body automatically does it's daily morning stretch, reaching out to all four corners of the bed. 

Without looking I reach out to the bed side table where my phone sat and grab it. I bring out in front of my face and click the home button, lighting up the whole screen. I stare at the phone in confusion for a second after realising that I definitely didn't make this picture my lock screen. There on the phone sights a lovely family photo between Luke and his two brothers.

After gazing at the picture for a little longer, and lets be honest I was just enjoying how good Luke looks in a snap back, my eyes catch the time that reads nine thirty. Footsteps from down the hall suddenly became louder and I quickly drop the phone back where I found it. The heavy steps thankfully walk past the door and I sigh a relief.

I swing the heavy blankets off my body and sit up, letting my legs swing off the side of the bed. My elbows rest on my knees, and my face in my hands. I rub over my eyes trying to wake myself and almost try to forget the confessions I made to Luke last night. I know that today is going to be awkward and I kind of just want to leave this house all together now. 

A sudden urge to use the toilet comes across me and I jump to my feet and head for the door. I open the door just enough to fit my head through and make sure no one is there. I am only in my underwear after all. Luckily the bathroom was only a quick dash from the room I was in. Once I reach the door I open it and immediately close it behind me. The air inside was humid as if someone had only recently taken a shower. I make my way over to the toilet thats place in the far corner of the bathroom ready ready to release the uncomfortable pain that sat in my bladder.

"Cal is that you?" My heart stopped when I heard that voice. "Ash?"

I stayed silent not knowing what to say or do. Luke voice came from behind the grey curtains that hid the shower. Is it possible that I could sneak out without making a big deal of it. Just as I was about to tip toe my way out, a screeching noise echoed through the bathroom. The shower curtains were pulled into one heap, upon the metal rod that they hung from.

"Scarlett?" Our eyes awkwardly met, and I suddenly felt very embarrassed with what I was wearing. Lucky for Luke he used the shower curtain to cover everything from his chest down. All I had were my arms that rest trying to cover my stomach.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" He asks. I roll my eyes at his arrogance.

"Have you ever heard of locking the door?" I question him and he rolls his eyes back. Silence filled the room before Luke thankfully decided to break the awkward tension.

"Can you please pass me the towel?" I nod and look behind me to where he pointed. I pick the soft white fabric up from the stool that it sat on and hand it over to Luke. He takes it and I continue to stand there awkwardly.

"You can leave now Scar."

"Oh right but I need to use the toilet, thats why I was here in the first place." I say to Luke who is still using the curtain to cover himself.

"Oh okay hang on." Luke moves back into the shower where I can't see him and I wait patiently. I look down at my toes and wiggle them around a little. 

Before I know it Luke steps out from the shower, with the towel hanging lowly on his waist. It's quite hard to ignore the fact the he is almost naked in front of me. From what I saw at the start of the year, I can tell he has definitely got a bit more muscle and toned his abs. It's a pretty good view and not to mention how good his hair looks all wet and curly.

"It's all yours." Luke's voice snaps me out of whatever trance I was in. He picks up his clothes from the floor and walks to the door.

"Thanks." I say quietly and lock the door once he leaves the room. My body lets out a heavy breath that I had been holding in for the last few moments. 

The cold tone Luke is giving me, is something that doesn't come as much of a surprise. He hates me. I can see it every time I look in his eyes. They're not the once bright ocean coloured orbs I used to dream of. Now they are dark, icy and drizzled with hatred. It's not as if I can exactly complain about the way he feels about me. I was the one that fucked things up, multiple times.  

A sudden chill up my back snaps me from my thoughts and I remind myself of why I am here in the first place. I walked over to the toilet and proceed with doing my business all the while still thinking about Luke. I finish up, wash my hands and then I am reminded again that I quickly have to sprint to my room hoping to avoid anyone seeing me in my underwear. Slowly I poke my head out run and straight to my room after I realise that it is all clear. 

"Oh great, I said it was okay for you to sleep here last night, not set up camp for the weekend." I say as I walk in seeing a pile of Luke's clothes on the floor and him pulling his jeans up his legs. 

"God when did you become such a bitch?" Luke asks while trying to do the button of his jeans up.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I ask in shock of the words coming out of his mouth. "You are not helping this very awkward situation that we are in by invading my personal space. I think its quite reasonable to be annoyed at my ex boyfriend for getting changed in my room."

"Yeah well I also think it's quite reasonable to call my ex girlfriend, who also by the way fucked my best friend in my hotel room, a bitch." He says, his voice now getting a little louder than before.

"Wow, thanks for throwing that in my face again." I say to him, pulling a pair of shorts up my legs and throwing a t-shirt over my head. "You always were such a massive dick Luke, I don't know what I ever saw in you in the first place."

"Me? Seriously? If I had of known you were such a manipulative bitch that sleeps with the first thing they lay eyes on, then there's a good chance I wouldn't have made the biggest mistake of my life." His words hurt, although they are honest and they are brutal and it pains me to hear them. I feel a hot tear roll down my cheek and don't bother to wipe it away.

"I think you should leave." I say just loud enough for Luke to hear and I notice him scoff under his breath. 

"Trust me, nothing would please me more pleasure than not having to spend another minute with you." Luke grabs his phone from the bed side table and paces quickly over to the door. When he opens it, three bodies stumble forward in which Luke successfully dodges out of the way from. 

"Jesus fucking Christ." He mumbles under his breath and pushes his way through the door.