Chapter 46 >> Moonlight

Friday 25th December

Scarlett's POV

Despite all the drama that happened this morning, it was hard to forget that it was the most festive day of the year. Christmas was always a happy time for me. I was often just spending it with extended family, which doesn't sound that fun but I loved it. This was my first year without seeing family which feels weird but I was still spending it with people that I loved.

We are currently all gathered around the small table in the living room eating out pizza boxes. I know, it's not the traditional dinner that is usually had on Christmas, but non of us can cook or could even be bothered to make an attempt.

I look over at Calum who has his phone in both hands and is typing frantically into it. His eyebrows are furrowed which makes me believe that he is either really confused or something is wrong. He sets his phone down and looks back up. His eyes catch mine and he quickly makes a small smile, that is obviously fake.

"This pizza is so good," Ashton states while taking another bite "Better than any damn roast I've had."

We all softly giggle except Calum. His face stays blank and he is constantly checking his phone every few seconds. I was never super close with Calum but there was obviously something wrong and now it was stressing me out.

"I need pee." Cal says walks out of the room. The inner me of needing to know everything immediately sparks and I can't help but to quickly make up a lame excuse to follow him out.

"Yeah I need a drink."

"Oh could you get me one too please?" Sam says and I sigh to myself.

"Ow me three." Ash chirps as well.

"Sure." I say and continue walking out of the room and in the direction the Calum went.

I walk down the hallway, trying to be as quiet as possible. I stop when I get to the toilet door and hear the faint sounds of his voice. I move my head close to within millimetres in order to hear what he is properly saying.

"He isn't answering any of my calls or text."

"Have you seen him?" Who?

"I know Michael. I know he hates you right now but can you please just answer the question." Luke?

"Shit. I don't know where he is."

"He isn't there, I just text Jack and he hasn't seen him since yesterday."

"Where else would he be? It's fucking Christmas." Leave it up to Luke to run away on Christmas.

"Righto, I'll talk to you later." 'Oh fuck' I thought but unfortunately I'm too late.

"Scarlett, uh- did you hear all of that?" He asks me. One of his hands is scratching the back of neck and he sounds worried.

"Yeah most of it. Was it about Luke?" I ask for confirmation.

"Yeah, I don't know where he is. It's Christmas and he shouldn't be alone." He's right, no one deserves to spend today by themselves. I can't help but feel partially to blame. Even though Luke was being an asshole, I did retaliate which pushed him over the edge and eventually walking out of the house.

"Yeah no one deserves that." I tell him and run a hand through my hair. Although it had been such a peaceful day without Luke here, Calum was right. I tried to run through all the places he could be but nothing was ringing a bell. Most places besides a few were closed today and if he wasn't here or at home, then where?

"I just, I don't even know where to start loo-"

"Wait." I have an idea. It was a good idea but if I was wrong it would be such a waste of time. "I know where he is."