Chapter 36 >> Help

Saturday 21st November

Sam's POV

She wouldn't listen to me. As much as I warned her, she didn't listen.

I can see her deteriorating before my eyes. Her legs and arms look like something you would see in a horror movie. I can virtually count all of her ribs, and her face is starting to become unrecognisable.

It's scary to see your best friend this way. I know Scar's break-up was hard, but she is just torturing herself now. Luke had a right to react the way he did and I know he's still very angry and upset. But at the end of the day he is always going to care for her, and I know that he wouldn't want her to be doing this to herself.

I'm honestly not sure how the hell anyone hasn't notice whats happening yet, not even her dad or brother. It's obvious that she has lost weight.

Every time I try and talk to her about, she says that she is fine. It's terrifying that she can't see it. Not even admitting that she has a problem. Scar doesn't understand the repercussions that this will have on her. This could end in weeks on weeks in hospital, they could even decide to send her away to a special clinic where she would have to live and be under someone's watch all the time, and then not to mention the months worth of therapy that she will have to attend for her recovery.

I don't want to wake up one day and get a phone call saying that she has been rushed to hospital. I can't even imagine having to watch my best friend being forced fed from a tube. I tear up every time.

Not only was changing externally but also by the way she acted. Scar didn't care anymore and she was far from herself. She is becoming more distant with me each day. Whenever I try and talk to her, it's blunt and uninteresting.

I'm tired of not being able to talk to my best friend. I don't want her to not trust me, but someone needs to know.

She needs help.

.....

"Have you seen Scarlett?" I ask Rachel, in hopes that she would be somewhere at this party.

"Yeah, she got here about 20 minutes ago and I saw her walk into the backyard." Rachel yells to me over the music. She points in the direction of the back door and I send her a thankful smile.

I push past drunk swaying bodies and look around the grassed area for Scar. I think I see the back of her head off in the distance, but I'm surprised to see who she is with.

I walk closer and see that it's true, she is with Troy and his gang of idiots. They were well known around the school for drugs and doing other illegal shit.

"Scar?" Her heads whips around and my eyes pop open. Dangling from her lips was the whit and yellow stick that she used to despise. Her fingertips gently support it and bring it back down to her side after inhale the cigarette.

"Are you serious right now? You're smoking?" I question her in disbelief.

"Sam calm down alright." She tells me placing a hand on my shoulder, but I push it off.

"No I won't. I don't want to sit here and watch my best friend destroy herself. Don't you think you have ruined your body enough as it is?" I plead to her. Hoping that she could hear the worry in my voice. She obviously doesn't as her face stays blank and turns back around to Troy, totally ignoring what I had said.

My eyes start to tear up in fear that I had lost, but I don't feel sad. I feel the anger rising and my blood starting to boil.

"Why are you doing? Do you think this is some sort of joke? Totally ignoring your Bestfriend in a time that probably need me most. I can see it Scarlett. I know you have lost weight, it's as clear as daylight! If you don't stop you're going to get sick and I don't want to see you lying in a hospital bed." My voice is almost at a yell but continues to have her back to me."What do you think Luke would say?"

I notice her stiffen, and can feel that I have struck a nerve. She throws her cigarette to the ground and steps on it with her foot. She turns around and walks close to me, only centimetres apart.

"I don't care what Luke would say. He has no part in my life anymore." She whispers to me and turns back around. "Don't ever talk about him again."