Chapter 41 >> Room Card

Sunday 20th December

Scarlett's POV

Confusion hits me like a ton of bricks, and a small laugh falls from my mouth. 

"Yeah okay." I sarcastically say and try and push past him. I attempt to move left and right but both times he steps in front of me.

"Wow for someone that said he never wanted to see me again, you've sure got a way of showing it." I roll my eyes and cross my arms over me chest. I look up at him through my lashes and noticed the crimson colour starting to seep though his cheeks.

"Look Luke, I don't know what planet you're on at the moment, but this isn't your room, it's Cliff's and you don't even know him. Now listen, I'm tired and-" I say but am interrupted by the man of the hour himself, while trying to exit this awkward as hell situation.

"What the hell are you on about? This is my room." He tells me ands holds the room card up in his right hand. 

"And who the fuck is Cli-" He continues to try and make his point, but cuts himself off at the last question. I look up at him as his head tilts up to the roof and and a smile fall on his lips. He drops his head back down and shakes it side to side slightly, with small sarcastic laughs still falling from his mouth.

 Luke reaches past me, swiftly sliding the the room card through the narrow strip and a beep sounding from the small black box. My head tilts down, looking past my shoulder, seeing the small green light now illuminating near the door handle. I overt my eyes back to Luke now feeling confused but also a hint of fear. 

His hand reaches around me once again twisting the door knob and pushing the door open slowly. He squeezes between the small space of the door frame and myself, walking quickly into the room purposefully. I follow after him straight away, and see lights flood the hotel room. A groan was heard from the bed Cliff was sleeping in and my fear started to grow. How does Luke even know this guy?

"Oi!" Luke's voice boomed through the room, making me jump slightly. He reaches Cliff's bed and pulls the covers off in one swift motion. He was still naked and lying on his stomach.

"MICHAEL!" He yells once again, this time pushing his body at the same time. 

Michael? Oh hell no. Sweet baby jesus please tell me this isn't true. 

"Fuck off Luke! What do you want?" Cliff or Michael? says while rolling onto his side, not bothering to cover everything up.

"You want to explain something to me?" Luke questions, motioning his head towards me. Cli-Michael now notices my presents in the room for the first time and furrows his eyebrows.

"I thought you left?" He asks me confused and I try to speak but nothing comes out. 

"What do you mean, we sleep with girls all the time." He says turning back to Luke and closing his eyes again. 

Michael's comment makes me a little uncomfortable. I glance up at Luke and watch as his eyes look over at me. Once he realises that I am already looking, he moves his stare to the ground. A hint of jealousy pang's me, imagining how many other girls Luke had slept since that haunting day.

"This isn't just any girl you idiot. How are you two so stupid to not even remember each other? As if I haven't been through enough lately and then I find out that my whore of an ex-girlfriend has fucked the guy who is supposed to be my best friend." Luke says, his voice getting louder and more vicious as his words continue. 

"Scarlett? What the fuck? You told me your name was Sam." Michael says now sitting and and reaching for the blanket to cover up. What the fuck have I done? What the fuck is wrong with me? I have slept with my ex-boyfriends best friend, and it wasn't even out of spite. But good luck trying to explain that to Luke.

"Well you told me your name was Cliff." I retort back at Michael. To be honest though, Michael really did look different since the last time I saw him. He had streaky blonde hair with a fringe that covered half of his face and his whole body is just more, defined?

"I have a reason to lie about my name, you don't." I couldn't think of anything to say. An awkward mood fell in the room and I kept my eyes on the floor.

"Luke." Michael is the first to break the silence. He moves so he is kneeling with one hand securing the sheets around his waist. Luke let out an exhausted sigh and turns around. He paces back and forth slightly and his hand rub over his face. 

"You know I wouldn't have done this if I knew it was Scarlett. Luke just please-" Michael tries to get out before being cut off by Luke doing something I didn't expect.  

In the blink of an eye Luke swiftly turns around along with his right hook and connects it with Michael's check bone. Michael falls back onto the bed clutching the left side of his face. 

My body is in shock of what Luke had done. Of all the time that we were together I had definitely seen him get angry, but I had never seen him ever hit anyone. I feel scared seeing Luke like this. Not scared for myself but scared for him, praying to god that Michael won't hit him back.

Once Michael rolls over and I discover that he is alive and conscious, I move my eyes to Luke. He is griping his fist in his other hand, but I'm not sure if its in pain or if he is trying to restrain himself from hitting Michael again. 

The overwhelming experience draws water to my eyes. His now dark blue orbs meet my pale ones and it is daunting. He looks like he wants to kill me but I'm sure or at least hoping he won't. Before I can process my actions there are words coming out of my mouth.

"Luke I-"

"Dont." He says in a monotone voice and holds his hand up. His body starts to move in the direction of the door and my feet instinctively follow. I stop after a couple of steps when I hear a painful moan echo from behind me. I turn around and quickly rush over to Michael, hearing the door slam shut in the process.

"Michael, listen to me. Lay down and stay here, I will be back to help you." I say pulling his head onto the pillow and moving the out from his eyes.

I stand back up to my feet and quickly make my way out of the room. Right before I reach the door I see Michael's room card sitting on the small table. I grab it, stuffing it in the pocket of my shorts and open the door. 

I look down the long hotel hall and see the elevator doors opening. I take off trying to catch it before it shuts but in the back of my mind I know there is no use. Luke steps in, presses the button to the ground floor and rests on the back of the elevator. When he catches a glimpse of me, he leans over and repeatedly pushes another button. I can see the cold metal panels closing shut  just as I meet the doors.

"Dammit." I say smacking my hand against the hard surface. My eyes shoot around for any other exit until they meet a green box with stairs on it, sitting above another door. 'This is probably the worst decision I have ever made', I think to myself as I rapidly descend down the five flights of stairs.