Chapter 21 >> Cheat

Monday 9th March

Scarlett's POV

"SCARLETT?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HOME?!" My mum booms at me through the kitchen walls. She pushes Mr. Hemmings away from her jumps off the bench.

"Me? What am I doing here? You leave us for five days straight, not even calling to apologise or anything. And now I come home early from school because I feel like throwing up and you are here in the kitchen CHEATING ON MY DAD WITH THE MAN WHO HAPPENS TO BE MY BOYFRIENDS FATHER!" I scream at her and feel heat beginning to rise to my cheeks. Tears in my eyes are nearly spilling out and I can't control it.

My mum walks closer to me, grabbing the fabric around my neck and pulling it towards her face. "You will not tell you father about this, and you will especially not tell Luke."

With that I hear the front door open and the close and I know it's Luke. I hope he comes in here and not my room. Maybe he will figure it out and I won't be the only one knowing what is happening between our parents.

"It might be too late. Luke, I'm in the kitchen!" I look up to my mum and her eyes widen and dart over to Mr. Hemmings. He runs straight to the back door, trying to make it out quickly without Luke knowing he was here.

"If you tell anyone, there will be severe consequences and who knows what will happen to Luke." She whispers into my ear and pushes my shoulders backs when she hears Luke's steps getting closer.

"Hey Scar, what- Oh." He stops half way through his sentence when he sees my mum standing a few feet away from me. He looks at my face and notices the stream of tears down my cheeks. "Is this a bad time? Should I leave?"

"No, you are staying. My mother is the one that should leave and never come back." I say to Luke, knowing that if he was here then my mum wouldn't bother us. She didn't look affected by words at all. I walk away from her and grab onto Luke's hand, pulling away from my crazy mother.

"Scarlett, remember our little talk will you." I hear her call from behind me and it saddens me even more and I start to cry harder.

When I walk into my room I throw my bag any way and collapse onto my bed. I bury my head into my pillow and sob into it, hiding my face from Luke. I feel the bed dip beside me and Luke hugging me tightly around the waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Scar, shh its okay." He whispers into my ear but i just shake my head, knowing that it isn't and won't be okay.

"What happened? Did she say something?" He continues to talk quietly to me. I want to respond but my voice won't let, from all the cries it isn't strong enough. I feel Luke move his hands to my hips and roll me over so I am facing him. My face probably has streaks of black running down it from my mascara but the that is the last thing I am worrying about right now.

I watch as his hands make there way to my face. His thumb gently wipe the tears from my cheeks and then rest on my neck. I fear looking Luke in the eye right now, knowing that I will probably have another breakdown. If what my mum said was true, then I would never want Luke to get hurt. Who knows what she will do.

"Scar look at me." He says and I shake my head, my eyes watching my hand fiddle with the other.

"Scarlett." He says with a bit more force. My eyes slowly raise and up to his face and finally meeting his eyes.

I only look into Luke's briefly before I close them and bury my head into his neck, crying yet again. "I hate her Luke, I hate her so much."

"Baby shh it will be okay, don't worry about her. You have me, forever." His hands move to around to my back and he hugs me tight. My breathing becomes calm after about ten minutes and I have finally stopped crying.