Chapter 35 >> Tattoo

Tuesday 13th October

Scarlett's POV

"So, how's everything going at home?" Sam asks as we sink down into her bed. We walked to her house after a long day of school.

"Their getting better, I think he's getting a hang of it now. I'm pretty sure he still misses mum though, even after everything she did." I say in a low voice, picking at my fingernails.

"That's good, at least you guys are getting somewhere." She smiles to me. I watch her pull the small glass bottle of black nail polish from the top draw. She pats her leg gesturing my feet up and I follow her instructions. "Have you seen or spoken to your mum yet?"

"Nope, not since the day her divorce as finalised, and even the we didn't speak to each other at all." I tell her and watch as she concentrates on delicately painting my toe nails.

"Do you want to talk to her?"

"Well let's see, she hasn't tried to contact me in nearly six months, the last time I spoke to her abused me and, oh yeah she cheated on my dad with my now ex-boyfriend's father." She stops painting and looks up at me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. It just gets me worked up taking about her."

"That's okay we don't have to talk about it. I just wanted to know where you were at." She tells me and I send her a reassuring nod and smile. "But speaking of Luke, I talked to Calum yesterday."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah they are actually doing really great. They have written so many songs its ridiculous. Plus they have just had confirmation that they're allowed to release their first single tomorrow." She says with a huge smile on her face.

"He sent it to me yesterday after we got off the phone. Scar it is so good and catchy. I still have it if you want to listen to it, you'll love it." Sam reached for her phone and I stop her halfway.

"It's okay, I'm sure I will hear it one day. There's no need to rush." I tell her and she sits back in her original position.

"Are you okay?" Sam sends me a questioning look.

"I don't know, I'm just not ready to hear it yet." I let go of her wrist and divert my eyes away. I grab the nail polish and motion for her to lift her feet. Sam lets out a long sigh and eventually moves her feet to my lap.

I don't know why I can't listen to their new song. Maybe it hurts too much. It was hard enough listening to Sam talk about Luke. Don't get me wrong, I love that they are doing great and about to release their first single. But unless she wants a pool of tears on the bed, then I think its best that we wait a little bit.

"Anyway, I was thinking of getting a tattoo." I say, concentrating on painting her nails.

"Seriously?" Sam asks surprised at my decision.

"Well, I'm eighteen now, so there's nothing stopping me." I finish painting and give the nail polish back to Sam.

"True. I still can't believe we didn't do anything for your birthday, like a party or something." I look up and see a frown on her face and roll my eyes playfully.

"You know it's not the right time to celebrate anything at the moment."

"So what are you going to get?" Sam questions 

"I was thinking something like really sexy." She raises her eyebrows at me and a smirk grows on her face. "Yeah like along here."

"Like a side boob tattoo?" I point to along my right ribcage. I nod my head and she smiles.

"Shut up no you're not." Sam laughs and pushes my shoulder.

"I am I swear. I booked an appointment in for Sunday. You can com with me if you want. Hold my hand maybe?" 

"Sure, sounds fun. Do you want to go and get some food now? I'm starving." She says standing up from the bed.

"No, I'm not hungry." I say and lay back down onto her bed.

"Scar you're never hungry anymore. You can't keep going like this. You are loosing weight and everyone can see it. Babe, its not healthy." 

"Sam I'm fine I swear and I'm not loosing massive amounts of weight either, I'm just... thinning out. I know when to stop." I tell her standing up and placing a hand on her shoulder. I hope she trusted me in what I'm saying but the problem is, I'm not sure if I even trusted me.