Chapter 47 >> Waking Up

Scarlett's POV

Friday 1st January

Pure darkness is all that comes to me. Somehow I see nothing but can hear all the worried thoughts coming from my brain.

What's going on?

Where am I?

Why can't I see?

Is that my arm I feel?

Am I dead?

That last question left me silent for I didn't want it to be true. I shut down the noise circulating in my brain as it is soon to drive me insane. After moments of quiet a sound slowly began to make itself present. It is a very slow timed beeping from what I can hear and is consistent throughout the seconds.

Sunday 17th January

"Mate, you've gotta leave this place sooner or later."

"I can't."

"Its been 3 weeks. She wouldn't want you here torturing yourself. It isn't healthy."

"But its my fault."

Wednesday 24th February

"When will she wake up?"

"We're not sure sir. Her vital signs are still stable but she is yet to show any signs of improvement."

"It has been nearly two months, how do you not have any answers yet?"

"I'm sorry sir."

Monday 7th March

"Here I am waking up, still can't sleep on your side.

There's your coffee cup, the lipstick stain fades with time.

If I can dream long enough, you'd tell me I'd be just fine, I'll be just fine."

I'd recognise that voice anywhere. It's as smooth as caramel and makes me feel warm inside.

"Keep Going."

"Scarlett!"

He immediately places the guitar down and grabs my hand. With a tight squeeze he quickly lets go and runs out of the room. I stare up at the white ceiling not able to make any movement to my neck. I slowly move my hand up towards my head and notice the hard plastic siting just underneath my jaw. A brace, holding everything in place.

A hear multiple footsteps becoming louder and closer to my room. Some people enter the room and two women appear in my line of vision. Two nurses I'm guessing. One with a shocked look on her face and the other with a huge smile. "Please wait outside sir."

"Hi Hun." The smiling one spoke and it made me feel at ease.

"Hi."  They both started checking my vital signs and the longer they went without saying anything, the more I started to become paranoid. "What am I doing here? Where's my dad? Eli?"

"Relax sweetie, its going to be okay. Deep breaths, first lets make sure everything with you is fine." She says and I slowly nod while beginning to steady my breathing.

"Can you feel this?" She asks touching the bottom of my foot.

"Yes." I say and she makes her way up the rest of my leg and then starting with the other one. Out of the corner of my eye I can see the other nurse writing on a clip bored. Where did Luke go?

"Where's Luke?" I ask looking at the nurse with the clipboard.

"Who is that Miss Jones?"

"They guy that was just here." I say to her and she looks towards the door.