Ch. 3 pt. II (Shawn)

I hopped in my car and backed out of the dark vacant parking lot. It was cold, the fog on my windshield made it difficult to see and I'm actually worried about her, she can get pneumonia or extremely sick. My car did most of the driving while my eyes were focused on the sidewalks. Then I spotted her, she looked even worse than she did when she fainted, and still, she was beautiful.

I stopped my car in front of her as if I was circling her, however there was only my car. She started to run but she couldn't move very fast in heels plus her legs were frozen, it was only 30 seconds of running before I caught her.

"Let me go you asshole," she screamed completely out of breath.

"Yo, calm down, calm down," I said trying to get her to be calm but she continued screaming so like before I threw her over my shoulder and walked to my car. I placed her in the backseat, it wasn't long before she tried to leap out of the car again. Now I have to be a desperate asshole and handcuff her, great.

"Oh, so you gon' handcuff me like you have the authority?" she spoke while her teeth chattered together signifying that she was freezing. I walked to the drivers side and got in with her still talking but I couldn't understand what she was saying because of her poor speech, I guess she was still adapting to the warmth of my car.

Instead of driving I handed her a scarf and she looked at it reluctantly.

"Just take the damn scarf whateverhernameis," I said aggressively, she took it and there was a silence for a while.

"It's Beyoncé, by the way," she spoke with the voice that I was turned on by earlier.

"What?"

"My name, it's Beyoncé."

"I like it, it's beautiful," I responded. I wanted to add like you and then tell her 'I like you', but this isn't high school and I'm married.

"What's your name, Carter?"

"Shawn, but you can call me Jay."

"Why Jay? How'd you get that name from Shawn?"

"You know, you've got a lot of questions for the person who is supposed to be sending you off to whoever later on."

She sat back and it was back to silence, nice one Jay. I mentally scolded myself, I can never express myself the way I want to.

"Well aren't you gonna take me back to the place?" she intruded, breaking the silence and stripping my thoughts away. I hadn't even noticed how long we had been sitting there.

"Yeah," I said making my way back to work, at least I won't be getting fired.

Authors Note: here's the rest of chapter 3, *clears throat* this book is actually based on a real story... somewhat. Well, just the first part about the little boy preying on Bey at the store. That kind of thing actually happens in real life, so ladies you should be aware of your surroundings and be polite/helpful to a certain extent because things like that happen to women all the time. But because we are minorities it isn't documented, talked about, or reported to the police. Sex trafficking is a real thing and I think everyone should be aware that events like this actually take place. This is how they function, we are sold like we are property. It's basically another form of slavery.

And men can be involved in sex trafficking but it's very rare that they'll be the ones being raped, abused, and sold. It happens but it's rare, so be careful.

~zeebae