Ch. 8 (Beyoncé)

He needs to stop messing with my mind, I stood there in the white dress that I never intended on buying and just looked in the mirror.  My father was right, he has always been right. A tear escaped from my eyes as I thought about everything he has said to me.

*******

"But daddy I really like him," I cried.

"No, no, and no, he nearly killed you!"

"We weren't even in the same car!" I defended myself.

"And what if you guys were? Then what? You gotta make better decisions Beyoncé, you're too known to be getting yourself into situations like this."

Here he goes, I don't even care about the group at this point. People around Houston know me because of what Solange did maybe a year ago not because of the group.

Solange is my younger sister but I treat her like my child; my best friend. I'll never let anyone come before her.

"Whatever, I'm not leaving him and you can't tell me who to date," I responded marching out of the living room only to be followed by my loud mouth father.

"Things were so much better when you were a kid."

"And things were so much better when I didn't have to hide who I am because of a group that I don't want to be in. Dad I'm tired of doing everything everybody wants me to do, I can never make any decisions on my own, heck I can't even chew my food without asking you."

"I just want what's best for you, I want you to have the things that I never had."

"Then let me leave the group," I stated with my arms folded.

"This is ridiculous, you didn't want to leave the group until you met that boy."

How can he be so blinded? I've always hated how hard I was working in Destiny's Child and that I was the only one working hard. LaTavia and LaToya were super lazy and half of the time it was Kelly and I working on songs. All I ever did was rehearse, see my tutor, and get bugged by my father about who I surround myself with.

"Dad, if you can't see it now then you'll never see it. I can't be in that group anymore, I just can't do this anymore." I responded and with that being said I went up to my room and locked the door.

Who knew that at 15 years old my father would still treat me like a child?

*********

"Bey, I'm sorry." Shawn said from the other side of the door, I admired the way he used the nickname he gave me earlier.

I didn't respond to him or even pay him any attention, I just continued my expedition as much as I could before becoming someone else's property.

Knowingly, Shawn followed right behind me.

"I'm ready to leave," I said walking towards the exit. He grabbed my arm, even with forearms full of bags, he was still strong enough to lure me back to him.

"No you aren't, you just want to get away from me," he spoke and I hated how right he was. In fact, I hated how he seemed to always be right.

"Stop assuming things and let's just leave," I responded, avoiding full eye contact with him. 

"Fine."

*******

Shawn placed all of the shopping bags into the trunk and got into the car, I was already in the passenger seat; not because I was too stubborn to help him but because he wouldn't let me, his manly persona only allowed him to be this way so I didn't dare to protest.

Before he started the car he just looked at me, I felt his eyes piercing a hole through my scull as I stared into the parking lot trying to avoid contact.

"Beyoncé can you please just hear me out."

I turned my head to him indicating that I was listening. Our eyes met and he parted his lips to say something only to force them back into a straight line again.

"Nevermind."

I turned my head back facing the window, that's what I thought.

The car ride was silent because neither one of use knew exactly what to say, I don't even know why fate is allowing us to be together. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that our lips were made for each others, very cliché but it's the truth. Our bodies always moved in sync, it was weird to think about, like this all was supposed to happen or something.

We pulled up to an airport and Shawn did a whole lot of twists and turns but instead of doing the normal things like actually booking a flight he pulled into an FBO.

He put the car in park in the nearly unoccupied garage and got out immediately, I followed behind him.

We walked into the building with bags in our hands, of course Shawn was holding majority of them, and it was an airport type thing but this one looked more secretive and somber.

"Shawn Carter and Beyoncé Knowles," a man said behind us which caused us to turn around.

"That's us," Shawn replied.

The man then took the bags from us and told us to follow him. We did what he said and he guided us to a private jet.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Josh," he said sticking out his hand towards me and I shook it.

"I'll be your pilot for the next 22 hours."

22 who now?

Josh chuckled, "Yes, 22 hours."

Well he clearly read my mind because girl, 22 hours is a stretch.

********

Josh showed us around the jet and everything looked so exquisite and in fashion. I admired how well put everything was and smiled to myself.

"You have a really nice smile," Josh said which startled me a bit because I wasn't aware that he was looking at me.

"Thank you," I said not really making eye contact. There was an awkward silence until Shawn came in.

"Everything is done," he spoke to Josh.

Josh nodded then walked into the cockpit, I sat back in the chair and fastened my seatbelt. Shawn began to sit down across from me and I looked at him in confusion.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" he responded as he too fastened his seatbelt.

The jet started moving and I looked at Shawn.

"You're coming?"

All he did was nod before putting earbuds in and I looked at him in disgust.

This is going to be a long 22 hours.

Boring chapter but... next chapter 🌚🌚🌚🌚

Merry Christmas y'all! (if you celebrate ofc.)

~zeebae