Chapter 2

*1.5 years later, 846*

(F/n)'s POV

It's been a year since I've last seen my parents. I'm still not sure if they're alive or not but it doesn't matter now. Today is our first day in the trainees, and surprisingly Armin joined as well.

We were all standing in a line of a few rows while Keith Shadis would walk past us and if you were 'lucky' enough, he would walk up to you and shout in your face. He was walking down the line I was in and he was getting closer and closer to me.

I was hoping that he wouldn't stop on me. I noticed that he would only yell in your face if you looked really nervous just to intimidate you more. So I put on a stoic emotionless face because I wasn't in the mood to be shouted at.

Armin was a couple people over from me on my left. Sadly, poor Armin got shouted at. But my stoic face broke once I saw Armin being shouted at. I felt really bad for him.

After he was all in his face he looked over at me, and I was watching them. "Nice eyepatch, think I'll call you patchy the pirate! What's your name?" He shouted. I quickly looked straight up at him since he was in my face now and saluted.

"(F/n) (l/n), sir!" I shouted back. "I can't hear you!" He shouted again. "(F/n) (l/n), sir!" I shouted even louder. I glanced both left and right and noticed that everybody was staring at me.

"Oh, we have a (l/n) kid!" He raised an eyebrow. "Yes sir!" I shouted. everybody gasped and I saw them whispering to each other. "If you don't mind me asking, what's the big deal?" I asked.

"If I'm correct, your father Seth (l/n) is one of the best soldiers in the Survey Corps!" Shadis shouted back. I froze in place just from hearing somebody say his name. Thoughts racing through my mind about if he's even alive or not.

I was so spaced out I forgot that I was even being shouted at. "(L/n)!" Shadis shouted and head-butted me. I stood there and finally came back to reality and just looked up at him and furrowed my brows.

Everyone's eyes widened at me, "Looks like (l/n) can take a beating to the head better than Kirstein!" Shadis shouted and I saw a boy holding his head. Guess he got hit in the head too.

Soon enough he left and continued down the line. I saw Armin looking at me from the corner of my eye, so I mouthed 'I'm fine' to him. I saw him grin a little and turned to face the front again.

>>>Time skip>>>

We were all sitting at a table in the mess hall eating dinner when everybody gathered around Eren asking him questions. I sat by myself in the back and watched as everyone was at Eren's table, except for a few others which sat at the tables across from his.

I stopped looking at them and just rested my head on the palm of my hand and stared at my bread I was eating. After a few minutes it started to get louder in the room, so I glanced up and saw Eren fighting with that one boy that got head-butted.

I rolled my eye and watched as they started shoving each other. When I finished eating I got up and walked over to them. I stood in between them and grabbed the boy's wrist before he could punch Eren in the face.

They both stared at me as I just blinked and put his hand down to his side and looked over at Eren. "You alright?" I asked him. He quickly nodded and I looked over at the other boy.