Chapter 9

(F/n)'s POV

When we got back to HQ, I went straight for my room. 'Ugh, God! My body aches so much.' I lied down on my bed and shut my eyes to rest a little.

~~~

"Mommy, can you tell me what happened to my eye?" A six year old (f/n) asked. "Well..that's how you were born." Her mother answered.

"What do you mean?" (F/n) tilted her head to the side, as she looked at herself in the mirror stroking her eyepatch. "That's how God made you. I guess he thought it would make you even more special." Her mother smiled.

"Will the other kids like me?" (F/n) frowned, looking down at the floor. "Sure they will, and if they don't then that's their problem. But I have someone I want you to meet!" Her mother replied.

"Who is it?" (F/n) smiled a little. "His name is Armin, I'm going to take you over to his house later today."

~~~

I woke up and looked at the clock, it was almost ten at night. I decided to go to the mess hall since I slept through dinner. I smiled upon remembering my dream, of how I met Armin.

He was my first friend, until I met Eren and Mikasa about five years later. When I got inside the mess hall, I started to get out the supplies needed to make tea.

~~

"Hi, I'm Armin!" The little blonde boy smiled. "I'm (f/n)." I slightly smiled back. "Do you like books?" He asked. I nodded 'yes' and he brought out a book about the outside world.

"Whoa, where did you get that?" I asked, "My grandfather gave it to me." He answered, and opened the book to the page about oceans. "We should go on an adventure when we're older to see the ocean." Armin said. "Totally!" I smiled.

~~

I came back to reality when I heard the tea kettle screeching. I got out a tea cup and poured the tea in it, while I thought more about when Armin and I were younger.

~~

"Look who decided to show up, it's cyclops!" One of the bullies laughed. "Can you leave me alone? I just want to get to my friend's house." I quietly replied.

"We will once we get to beat you up." Another bully snickered. "Please, I don't want any trouble. I was just passing through and-" I got cut off.

"Save it for later!" The bully rolled his eyes, cornering me in an alley way. They started to punch and kick me until I fell to my side on the ground, and I covered my face with my arms.

One of them pulled back my eyepatch a little and let go, and it slapped my eye. "Ow! Please stop!" I pleaded. "Hey, leave my friend alone!" I heard a voice shout.

I peaked through in between my arms and saw Armin standing behind the bullies. "What do you want, Arlert?" One of them asked. "I want you guys to stop hurting her!" Armin shouted again.

"Not a chance, pipsqueak. This freak deserves to get beat up." The other evilly smiled. "If you don't stop, I'll...I'll.." Armin tried to think of something. "You'll what?" They asked.

"I'll do this!" Armin shouted, swinging his fist at one of their faces. "Ow! Come on, let's leave them alone!" The bully that Armin punched said before running away.