Chapter 17

3rd Person POV

"Do you hear shouting?" An MP officer asked another officer, while they were walking down the street on patrol. "No." He replied. They shrugged as they continued walking.

"HELP ME!" (F/n) screamed. "SHUT UP!" Rani sneered, taking her knife and slowly cutting the side of her face. "AHHHHHHHHH!" (F/n) screamed out in pain. "WHY ARE YOU CUTTING ME?! THAT'S NOT GOING TO HELP FIND OUT HOW I HAVE THESE POWERS!" She added.

"Ok, I know I heard something now." The MP officer stopped walking, looking around for the source of the screams. "Are you sure?" The other asked. "Just listen!" The officer covered the other officer's mouth and they both listened again.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TRICKED HANJI INTO THINKING YOU WERE A NORMAL SCIENTIST! SHE LOOKED UP TO YOU AS HER HERO!" They heard a muffled shout.

"Come on, let's find out what all the noise is." The officer said, running off to find out where the voice was coming from.

All of a sudden, Rani and (f/n) heard a faint knock on the front door. Rani groaned in annoyance, then left to answer the door. Her eyes widened when she saw two Military Police officers standing there.

"Can I help you?" She asked, flashing a small smile. "We heard shouting coming from inside your house. What's going on?" One of the officers asked. "Oh sorry about that, my kids were..uh..playing! They were just playing." Rani nervously laughed.

(F/n) could hear the voices from upstairs so she shouted again to get their attention. "DON'T LISTEN TO HER! SHE TRAPPED ME IN HER BASEMENT AND IS TRYING TO CUT ME OPEN!"

"Ma'am, that doesn't sound like 'playing'." The officer said, both of them stepping inside. "You don't understand, they just play silly little games with each other!" Rani said, getting in front of them before they could get to the basement door.

"Please move out of the way." The officer said, getting behind her and opened the basement door. One guard held Rani back while the other went down the stairs, seeing (f/n) on the table with blood all over her.

"What the hell is going on?!" He shouted. "SHE'S CRAZY! SHE TRIED TO KILL ME!" She shouted. Since only the Scouts knew of her power, she couldn't tell anyone about her abilities yet so she wouldn't have to face trial.

And her arms and legs were cuffed to the table so she wasn't able to block her head to activate the force field when she was getting cut.

*What happened when Hanji returned to HQ*

Hanji's POV

When I got back to HQ, I was wondering why (f/n) had to leave. She didn't tell me she had to go anywhere today. I don't know, maybe something important popped up while I was at the market.

After I put my horse in his stable I walked inside, heading to shorty's office to see if he knew where (f/n) was. I didn't bother knocking on his door and instead, walked straight in.

"Do you not know how to knock?" Levi asked, irritated. "I do, but I was wondering if you've seen (f/n)?" She asked, leaning on his desk. "I thought she went with you?" He raised an eyebrow with confusion.

"She did but I had to run to the market, and when I returned I saw a note saying (f/n) left and that Ms. Kataoka had something to attend to." I shrugged.

"Well, she never came back here. And (f/n) said she was a little paranoid by that lady. Do you think she had something planned for when you left?" Levi asked.

"What are you talking about? I've known Rani for seventeen years! I'm one hundred percent sure that she wouldn't lock (f/n) in her basement!" I laughed.