Chapter 41

*The next day*

Levi's POV

"When is she arriving, shitty glasses?" We were currently waiting outside for (f/n) and Ethan to return. So far we've been waiting for around a half hour.

"Ethan told me that they would return sometime before noon..but it's almost twelve right now." Shitty glasses looked at her pocket watch.

I sighed, sitting down on one of the steps leading to the front door. After what seemed like hours, but in reality was probably only five minutes, I heard horses' hooves clicking.

I turned my head to the direction of the sound, and saw (f/n) and Ethan. Standing up from the step, I grinned a little knowing that they had a safe trip.

"What took you so long, brats?" I asked them when they got off their horses. "Parents wouldn't let go of us in a hug." Ethan responded. "Tch." I replied, looking at (f/n) now.

"How'd the visit go?" I asked, walking up to her. "Great!" She exclaimed.

(F/n)'s POV

Levi wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into a hug. I was surprised by his action, normally he wouldn't display public affection.

"I really missed you, (f/n). Even if you were only gone for like a day." He whispered in my ear. "Aw, Levi." I mumbled. "I missed you too." I whispered back.

"Sadly I have to go, I'll be back later. I promise." "Where are you going?" "Just inside one of the walls. Don't worry, I won't be gone long." Levi pulled away from the hug, pecking my lips.

"I'll see you later." I smiled, watching him get his horse from the stables. "Quite the boyfriend you got there. You just come back and then he leaves?" Ethan chuckled.

"Oh shut up." I playfully rolled my eye. I put (h/n) back in (his/her) stall and got my things, walking back inside of HQ. As I was walking, Hanji came up to me.

"So did you tell them about your ability?" She asked. I shook my head 'no'. "Why not?" Hanji raised an eyebrow. "I don't know." I shrugged, turning a corner down the hall leading to my room.

"I'll see you at lunch!" She exclaimed, going to her office.

Levi's POV

I got off my horse, walking to the front door and knocking. A man answered the door. "Can I help you?" He asked. "Yes, I'm Levi Ackerman, corporal of the Survey Corps. I wish to speak with you." I answered.

"Oh, please come in." He moved aside letting me in. "What was it you needed to talk about?" He asked as we sat down at the table. "I came here to ask you something...."

*5 hours later*

(F/n)'s POV

'Levi's still gone, I wonder where he is?' I've been sitting in my room almost all day, waiting for him to come back. I was lying down on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

Then it seemed like a miracle happened, because there was a soft knock on my door. I jolted up from my bed to answer it.

"Levi!" I exclaimed, when I saw him standing there. "Did you really miss me that much?" His question was muffled a little since I was squeezing him in a hug.

"So what were you doing?" I pulled back so I could see his face. "Nothing important or interesting." He answered. I nodded, looking deep into his steel grey eyes.