Chapter 26

*Six days later, News Years Eve*

(F/n)'s POV

"Hanji do we really need all of that alcohol? We're going to get in trouble for that." I asked Hanji, as she walked in with two crates of alcohol.

"Well we have a lot of scouts!" She exclaimed, setting them down on a table in the mess hall. I playfully rolled my eye.

"Hey, how much longer till midnight?" Hanji asked. "Umm...." I took out my pocket watch, "About two hours." I answered, putting the watch away.

She nodded, leaving the mess hall and I followed so I could go to my room. When I got back, I sat on my bed and brushed through my (h/l) hair.

I decided I would do a different hairstyle for tonight, 'Hmm...maybe a fishtail braid?' (If your hair is long enough)

After brushing it, I started braiding it. (Again, if it's long enough to braid)

Flashback

3rd person POV

"Maybe when you're older and have a daughter of your own, you can braid her hair." Her mother smiled, braiding (f/n)'s hair by her bedroom window.

"But...how will I have a daughter?" An eight year old (f/n) asked. "Well..after you get married, one night God will bless you by gifting you a baby which will soon be born from the mother."

She explained the simplest way possible. "Oh. But who will I marry?" (F/n) furrowed her brows, thinking. "Someone very special that loves you. I bet you'll meet him when you're eighteen."

She giggled, finishing off the braid with an elastic band. "Really? What will his name be?" (F/n) asked, intrigued. "I don't know that, but let's make a random guess. I bet it will start with an 'L'." Her mother chuckled.

"When can you get married?" (F/n) was very curious on how this whole 'marriage' and 'having kids' thing worked. "Usually around the age of eighteen." She answered, standing up from the floor they were sitting on.

(F/n) nodded, going over to her window and looking out at the dark night sky. "When did you get married, mommy?" She asked, turning around to look at her mother.

"I was seventeen." Her mother answered, making the little girl's eye widen. "Whoa! That young, how?" She tilted her head to the side.

"If you get special permission from the government, it's legal to marry that young." "Wow. Say, how old were you when you had me?" Her mother's breath hitched at the question.

She didn't know how to answer since she technically didn't 'have' (f/n). "Uh..erm, I was twenty seven." She hesitated. "I think that's enough questions for now, time for bed." She added.

The girl nodded, climbing into bed. "Just remember to marry someone who reminds you of your father." Her mother kissed her forehead, walking over to the door.

"Goodnight, I love you." She smiled, blowing a kiss to her and walking out, shutting the door behind her. 'Why do I have to marry someone who reminds me of daddy?' She thought to herself before falling asleep.

End of Flashback

I realized I was done braiding my hair after the little flashback. I gasped once I noticed how accurate my mother's random guesses were for my future.

'I met Levi, and I'm eighteen. She said she guesses his name will start with an 'L','L' for Levi..?AND he does remind me of my father a bit.'