Chapter 14

(F/n)'s POV

Before Hanji and I went to Ms. Kataoka's, we stopped at HQ to tell commander Erwin where we were going. Of course Armin didn't come since he had training today.

While on the ride to..well..I'm not so sure where, but wherever Ms. Kataoka lives, I was curious on how Hanji knew this woman. "So Hanji, mind explaining to me how you two met?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah, well when I was in first grade.."

*Flash back*

Hanji's POV (😱)

"Alright students, today we have a scientist from Shiganshina coming today!" The teacher exclaimed. I was so excited, I've always wanted to meet a real life scientist. They were so cool and smart with all their experiments!

"Class, please welcome Mrs. Kataoka!" The teacher smiled, as a young woman walked inside. "Hello children, you can just call me Rani." The woman named Rani smiled.

"Does anyone have any questions?" She asked, sitting down in the front of the room. I immediately raised my hand. "I do!" I grinned. "Yes?" Mrs. Kataoka smiled, pointing to me.

"What kinds of things do you study?" I asked, lowering my arm. "All kinds of things! But I mainly focus on this super rare ability called 'Shielding'." Rani answered.

Another kid beside me raised their arm. "What's shielding?" He asked. "From what I found out, it's a person who can make force fields to protect themselves when endangered. So far there has only been about three people with this ability ever found. But only one of them is still alive." She smiled.

The whole class was in awe, that's an amazing power! 'That would be so cool to meet someone with that power!' I thought to myself. I raised my hand again, "Rani, do you think I could be a great scientist like you someday?" I asked her.

"What's your name, and age?" She asked me. "I'm Hanji Zoë, and I'm seven." I answered. "Well then, Hanji. I think you would be a great scientist! If you start studying a lot of things now, you could probably be one of the smartest scientists known!" She gave me a warm smile.

I blushed a little from the compliment, "Thanks! And I will!" I smiled back.

*End of Flashback*

(F/n)'s POV

"I guess you could say, she was my idol when I was younger." Hanji blushed a little. "Wow, that's pretty cool Hanji." I exclaimed. I looked around at the new setting we were in. "Is this wall Rose?" I asked her.

"Yeah, Ms. Kataoka used to live in Shiganshina before the Titans breached the wall. So now she lives in Rose." Hanji explained. "Wow." I whispered to myself, looking at all the houses by us.

"Can you tell me a little bit about her?" I asked Hanji. "Sure! I heard that her husband left her eighteen years ago after an incident. Not sure what though. And she had a daughter, but there's rumors that she died during birth or went missing after birth." Hanji looked a little sad.

"Oh." Was all I replied with. "Ok, it should just be a few houses over." I heard Hanji say after a few minutes. When we got there, we tied up our horses to a post outside.

We both walked up to the door and Hanji knocked. After a moment, the door opened and revealed a(n) (h/c) haired woman with (o/e/c) (opposite eye color, than yours).