Chapter 37

*3 Days Later, Wall Rose*

(F/n)'s POV

I brought Levi along with me to my adoptive mother's funeral. Levi had a black suit on and I wore a black knee length dress with black flats.

I was dying on the inside from having to wear a dress. But this is for my mother, and it doesn't hurt to wear a dress for a few hours.

There was some people here that I didn't recognize. They were probably friends of hers. But I did see my uncle out in the crowd.

Levi and I were sitting in the front row of seats, watching some of the people stand next to her coffin and give speeches.

"You ok?" I heard Levi ask me since I was so quiet, and staring off into space. "Oh..yeah, I'm fine." I replied, looking at him.

"You know it's ok to cry, it's a funeral. You don't have to act so tuff around others. Especially me." He whispered. "I don't like to cry, I don't want to show weakness." I whispered back.

He shrugged, looking back at the front where someone was talking.

>>>Time Skip, brought to you by 2016>>>

We walked out to a field not that far from where the ceremony was held. Everyone stood a few feet away from the large hole already in the ground with a tombstone next to it.

Some men slowly put the coffin in the hole as the priest said a few words, and saying a prayer.

Levi was standing next to me, rubbing my back as they started to fill the hole again.

Levi's POV

After the hole was filled up again, (f/n) put down some (favorite flower) on the dirt. She stood there staring at the grave as the others left.

I noticed something next to her now, it wasn't clear but it looked like a mist of some sort. The mist became clear and I saw a transparent figure next to (f/n) hugging her.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I realized it was her mother. Her mother's spirit. Another one of those mist things appeared on the other side of (f/n).

It cleared out and revealed a man in a scouts uniform. 'Is that her adoptive father?' The transparent couple walked over to me now.

"Please take good care of (f/n)." They both said in unison. I saluted, "I'll protect her no matter what, even if it costs me my life."

"Thank you, Levi." Her father replied, disappearing into thin air with her mother. I walked to (f/n) and lifted her chin up so I could see her face.

"Did you see your parents too?" I asked her. "Huh?" She raised an eyebrow. 'Guess it was just me.' "Never mind." I shook my head.

She gave me a tight hug, not letting go.

*2 Days Later, Back At HQ*

(F/n)'s POV

I still haven't told Levi about Ethan. So I was going to now. Ethan said it was fine that I tell Levi, but he didn't want commander Erwin to know since he didn't want to risk getting in big trouble for lying about his name.

I got to Levi's office and knocked on the door. "Name and business." I heard him reply. "It's (f/n), and for personal things." I answered. "Come in." I walked inside, shutting the door behind me.

"I need to tell you something important." I said, sitting down across from him. This caught his attention, his gaze now on me instead of his paperwork he was working on.

"Remember when Ethan first joined and you said we look alike?" Levi nodded. "A few days ago I found out that we're siblings." I bluntly added. "How?" He leaned back in his chair.

"He said his father is Ian Kataoka." I answered. "And I'm going to meet him on our next break." I added. "Why is his last name different?" Levi asked.

"He was told to use a fake one, so he used his mother's maiden name. He doesn't know why he had to do so. But please don't tell Erwin."

"Alright, I won't tell him." He sighed. "Thanks." I replied.

*Later that day*

3rd Person POV

(F/n) was off training with Jean today. They did some hand to hand combat, and (f/n) won every round. Except something happened on their last match.

Jean was getting tired of getting his ass kicked every round, so he made a move that really hurt his opponent (f/n). She was about to go grab his arm to flip him over her.

But before she could do that, he punched her left arm that was going to grab him. That was the arm she cut. The arm she went too far on.

She screamed in pain when he hit the exact spot where she cut too deep. Jean's eyes widened as she fell to her knees, holding her arm.

"Did it really hurt that bad?" I raised an eyebrow. "Y-yes, you ass!" (F/n) shouted. "But (f/n), he's a horse, not a donkey!" Connie snickered.

"Shut up!" She shouted. "Why did it hurt so much?" Jean asked, actually almost caring for second. 'I don't want to tell them.' She thought, looking at her injured arm.

"I'm just going to go to the infirmary." (F/n) got up and left, but didn't go to the infirmary.

She went to her bedroom and checked out her arm. When she rolled up her sleeve, she winced from the pain. "Oh God.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I couldn't write much for this chapter, it's because I have a friend over to celebrate New Years with me and yeah.

I'll also re-read this chapter later for mistakes, since I don't have time now. Just FYI.

❤️Peace❤️