Chapter 48

Levi's POV

(F/n) and I were going to the mess hall for breakfast and to also tell everyone about the unexpected news. I noticed (f/n) was a little uneasy as we were walking.

"Is something bothering you?" I asked without looking at her. "No..it's nothing." She mumbled. 'I can tell she's lying.' I sighed, "Come on, I know it's something."

"It's not important." She muttered. "It must be if it has you acting like this." I replied, looking over at her now. I heard her whisper something but it came out too quiet that I didn't catch what she said.

"Tch. I can't hear you."

(F/n)'s POV

"Levi, I wish I could tell you..but I can't." I whispered. "Tch. I can't hear you hear." Levi spoke. 'You weren't supposed to.' "Forget it." I muttered. "How do you think commander Erwin will react?" I quietly asked.

"Shit...I didn't think about that. Don't worry about it." Levi sighed. We got to the mess hall doors and Levi, being a gentleman, opened it for me.

"Alright, listen up brats." Levi called out when we entered. Everyone stiffened at the sound of his voice and they turned to face us. "Cadet (f/n) (l/n) will be temporarily leaving the scouts."

"What?! Why?!" The whole mess hall shouted. "Calm down. I'll tell you all if you would shut the f-" I slapped a hand over Levi's mouth before he could curse.

"Levi! Not in front of the baby!" I whispered. "Tch. Sorry." He muttered. "The reason being, is because we just found out this morning that there's a bun in the oven." A faint smirk was placed on Levi's lips.

"A BUN IN THE OVEN?! WHERE?!" I heard Sahsa squeal. "A bun in the-what?" I heard Armin repeat, confused. Eren leaned over to him and whispered something, making Armin's eyes widened.

"WHAT?!" He screamed, covering his mouth afterwards. "WHOOOO!" Hanji cheered from the back of the mess hall, clapping. "Congratulations!" We heard the cadets shout.

"I'll go tell Erwin." Levi sighed. "You don't want me to come?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "No, I don't want you getting hurt. I can tell him myself." He replied. I simply nodded, watching him leave the mess hall.

As Levi left, a few of the female cadets came up to me and started bubbling with excitement. Even Mikasa showed a smile.

>>>Time Skip>>>

I was in my bathroom, with the bottom half of my shirt rolled up, as I stared at my stomach in the mirror. 'Will my offspring have my shielding ability?' I sighed as I gingerly rubbed my stomach.

I heard someone walk into my room. I looked up a little more in the mirror and saw Levi walking up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

My eye widened as I noticed a bruise on Levi's jaw. "Levi..what happened?" I asked a bit concerned. "Let's just say he wasn't too pleased with the news." He sighed.

"So he punched you?!" I pulled away from his embrace. I turned on the cold water in the sink and dampened a small wash cloth under the water. "(F/n) it's nothing to worry about." He replied when I dabbed the cloth on his jaw.

He took the cloth from my hand, placing it back down on the counter. He then pulled me out to my room, and told me lie down on my bed. I followed his request and lied down on my bed as he did the same.