Chapter 7

*The Next Day*

(F/n)'s POV

Today was our first expedition. I was on my horse, to the right of Eren. I saw him look to his left. "What are you looking at?" I asked him. He quickly glanced at me and looked back to his left.

I leaned forward a bit so I could see past him, two little kids were watching us in awe. I grinned a little at the sight and looked back to the front.

"Awesome! It's the Scouts!" I heard the little girl exclaim. "See that symbol? They call it the Wings Of Freedom!" The little boy replied. "So cool!" The little girl smiled.

'I remember when I was their age, always dreaming about joining the Scouts.' I was a little nervous about the expedition today. It's my first time outside of the walls!

*Flashback*

"And what do you want to do when you're older, (f/n)?" My dad asked me. "I want to join the Scout Regiment like you!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair, "You want to explore beyond the walls and slay Titans?" He asked. "Yeah!" I smiled.

*End Of Flashback*

"Hey, are you ok?" I heard Eren ask. "Huh? Oh yeah! I'm fine." I quickly answered, and he shrugged. I looked up and saw the gate slowly opening. 'This is it, (f/n). Your dreams are actually happening!'

The gates were at they're highest point, "FORWARD!" Commander Erwin shouted. I gulped, and snapped the reins on my horse. We dashed out of the gates, "IT'S OFFICIALLY BEGUN, THE 57th RECON MISSION! SCOUTS, MOVE OUT!" Commander Erwin shouted again.

>>>Time Skip, brought to you by Erwin's eyebrows>>>

It was time for us to separate, I got paired up with Armin. He seemed a little on edge, "Is something wrong?" I asked him. "N-no.." He said, but got cut off by a black smoke signal.

"An abnormal?!" Armin shouted. A few minutes passed and the Titan was taken down. "Way to go! Nicely done, Ness!" Armin exclaimed.

Armin's smile was wiped away when there was another abnormal spotted. He quickly shot a black flare. "It's moving so fast, too fast!" Armin said. "We have to keep it clear of Arlert and (l/n)!" Ness shouted.

But after he finished his sentence, he was thrown to the ground by the Titan. Killed instantly. "Armin, we have to go!" I shouted. Armin nodded and we snapped our reins to get away from the fourteen meter Titan.

"We're not dealing with an abnormal, this one's showing intelligence! Like the colossal..like Eren. It's a human being wrapped in a Titan body! But who? Why? What are we gonna do?! We're dead! We're so dead!" Armin shouted.

"What?!" I shouted back, but the Titan was right on our tail now. There was a large shadow going over us. We both looked up to see the Titan getting ready to jump on us.

My eyes widened with fear as the Titan's foot was about to crush us. "ARMIN LOOK OUT!" I shouted just as the Titan landed in front of us. From all of the pressure when it landed, it sent us flying off our horses.

I fell off backwards, landing on my side and rolling a little. After I came to a stop I felt my face, I brought my hand back down and saw blood on my fingers. 'Ugh, stupid cut.' I thought as I looked up to se if Armin was ok.

"Shit, ARMIN BEHIND YOU!" I shouted, seeing the Titan about to grab him. I gasped when I saw the Titan lift up his hood and look at his face. 'What the hell is that Titan doing?!'