Chapter 22

(F/n)'s POV

"Excuse me, is Mrs. (L/n) here?" I asked a nurse. "Yes. Right this way please." She smiled, showing me down a hallway and to a door.

The nurse knocked on the door, "Mrs. (L/n)? You have a visitor!" The nurse exclaimed and opened the door for me. After I walked inside, the nurse shut the door and left.

I looked over to the bed and saw, "M-mom..?" I whispered. "(F/n)?" She gasped with wide eyes. I ran over to her side and hugged her tight. "I thought you were d-dead." I whispered to her.

"I thought you were dead." She whispered back, starting to cry a little. "What happened to you?" I asked when I pulled away from the hug. "I got Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Or COPD, for short." She frowned.

"You-what?!" I gasped. "That's terrible!" I half shouted. "Will you get better..?" I whispered. "I'm afraid not." She sighed. "W-where's dad?" I asked her. "He's.." All of a sudden I couldn't hear her.

"(F/n)?" I heard a male voice ask. Then the sound came back. "Sorry, what did you say? I couldn't hear you." I asked again. "I said he......" The sound was gone again.

"(F/n)?!" The voice came back.

'What's happening?'

"(F/N)!!!" The voice shouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I jolted awake and everything was blurry. The only thing I could make out was Levi, I think. "Huh?" I started rubbing my eye so I could see again.

My vision was clear again and I saw a worried look on Levi's face. 'Where am I, a tent?' I looked around my surroundings and I was lying on the ground in a tent.

"What happened?" I asked him. "You were breathing heavily in your sleep and I got worr-" "I meant before that." I cut him off.

"Like the expedition?" He asked, and I nodded my head. "I guess you activated your force field then a Titan broke it and you passed out." He answered.

"Broke it?" I repeated. "I think it happened since you were exhausted and couldn't put much strength into holding it." Levi shrugged. "Oh." I mumbled.

"Anyways, what were you dreaming about?" He asked, lying back down on the ground. "..My m-mother.." I muttered under my breath. "Sorry for asking." He whispered.

"It's fine." I sighed, lying down on the ground again. "What time is it?" I asked, snuggling into him. "I would guess sometime around..two maybe?" "In the afternoon?" I furrowed my brows.

"Morning." He answered. 'I was knocked out for that long?!' "You should go back to sleep. Hanji said you need as much rest as possible, after what happened." He sighed.

"Ok. Goodnight." I slightly grinned. "Night." He replied, before I fell asleep again.

>>>Time Skip, brought to you by Jean's horse face>>>

It was our second day outside of the walls now. We found some new land, but not much. I was finally starting to feel better, but I was a bit tired. 'Man, that drained a lot of energy.'

As we were riding, we saw an old village. The whole place was destroyed and it was kind of obvious on how that happened. Levi turned around to answer a stupid question that Eren asked.

"Yes, we will kill any Titans if one is spotted. But only if it's harming us." Levi sighed. But before he turned around, Armin started screaming and pointing at something in front of Levi.

He quickly turned back to the front and we saw an abnormal Titan running towards us. "Speak of the devil, and he shall appear." I muttered under my breath when the Titan came out of nowhere.

"We're changing our route, turn right!" Levi shouted. We all turned our horses to the right but the Titan was gaining speed. "Your orders, captain?!" Eren shouted.

"Just keep moving unless it's over top of us!" Levi shouted back. We all followed his orders. But I was quite uncomfortable in this position, knowing that the Titan could kill us at any moment.

"Captain, I think we should take care of this Titan before it's too late!" I spoke up. "And risk the chance of dying?" He asked. "We already are!" I shouted. "Just follow my orders." He furrowed his brows.

"But capt-" "ZIP IT AND FOLLOW MY ORDERS, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!" He shouted, looking infuriated. My eye widened at his response. 'Jeez, look who's on their man period.'

I stayed quiet the rest of the time as we tried to get out of the Titan's sight. But we couldn't outrun the Titan. "Alright Kirstein and Jaeger, I want you two to try and take out that Titan." Levi ordered.

"Yes sir!" They both shouted, jumping off their horses and maneuvering to the Titan's neck. Eren sliced at the Titan's ankles so it would fall over.

When it fell, horse face cut the nape, killing the Titan. When they returned to their horses we continued to go on the path we were taking before we had to change direction.

"Nice work, Eren and pony boy." I quietly snickered. "Thanks." Eren sighed, "Hey!" Jean shouted offended. As we proceeded to ride, I couldn't help but think; 'Levi's birthday is in a few weeks. I hope he'll let us celebrate it.'

'What can I give him? Cleaning supplies...? He'd enjoy that.' "We'll be riding for a little longer until we set up camp." I heard Levi say. "What are we looking for, exactly?" Eren asked.

'God Eren, why so many damn questions?' "Nothing in particular, we're just hoping for new land." Levi answered. "Do you think we'll see an ocean?" Armin whispered to me.

"I'm not sure. Maybe? That would be great though!" I whispered back, earning a smile from him. "What do you think it'll be like?" Armin asked. "I hope it's as beautiful as the books say it is." I sigh. "I'm sure it will be." Armin replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's a short chapter, I was losing some ideas for this one. But I do have a few ideas for the next chapter. (Let's just hope I have enough to make it a long(ish) chap.)

Thanks for reading!

❤️Peace❤️