Chapter 3

*Sun rise*

(F/n)'s POV

Jean quit running after an hour in of our punishment, I stopped every once in awhile for a five minute break before running again.

I wasn't going to be a weak link and only run for an hour and stop for the rest of the night. But that's exactly what Jean did.

"Kirstein, get your ass up and running!" I heard Shadis shout. I glanced over my shoulder for a quick look at Jean, while I was still running. I smirked a little when I saw him stand up and run again.

'That's what happens when you be a lazy wimp.' I thought to myself. "Hey (l/n) kid, you can be done since you actually ran!" Shadis shouted. I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"Yes, sir!" I shouted back and saluted. "See you later, Jean-boy!" I hollered as I walked back to the girls' dorms to change into a fresh uniform. After taking a quick shower and changing, I headed to the mess hall with Mikasa.

"So you actually survived running all night?" She asked. "Yup." I said, popping the 'p'. "What about Jean?" She turned to look at me. "No, he quit not that long after we started. But he's running again now since he got caught slacking off." I chuckled.

"Wow." She sighed. "I wonder how long he has to run though." I questioned, "Probably until training starts." Mikasa replied. I nodded in agreement as we made it to the mess hall.

I scanned out the mess hall and saw Eren and Armin sitting together, so of course Mikasa ran over to them. I grabbed us some bread and walked back over to their table.

"Hey Eren, and Armin." I greeted as I sat down across from them. "Hey." They both said. "Jean still running?" Armin asked. "Yeah." I sighed and looked down at my food.

After eating we all went outside for training, today we were practicing the 3DMG in the forest. We were also going to practice slicing the nape of Titans' necks on Titan dummies.

After we were signaled to go, we all dashed into the forest and shot our anchors up and raced through the forest to look for a Titan dummy.

I noticed Jean next to me and he seemed to have spotted one. I looked ahead and squinted, he was right. There was a Titan dummy off in the distance so I sped up ahead of him to get there first.

"No fair!" He shouted, "Too bad!" I replied and went faster. Turns out I beat him there and already sliced a portion of the neck off. I saw another one not that far away, so I quickly maneuvered over there.

And just like last time, I beat Jean to it. After a long day of training, I ended up getting ten Titans and got first place for it. Jean was really pissed off that I kept getting to the ones he was going to get before him.

What made this day 'better' was that during dinner I had to sit at his table, due to there not being any open seats left. I didn't want to be included in any of his small talk with that one brunette boy with freckles.

"Ah, man that'd be amazing! Working within a stone wall for the king? No greater honor then that!" I heard the brunette say. I guess he's planning on joining the Military Police when he graduates.

I glanced up for a second to look at them, and right when I did Jean smacked the back of the boy's head. "Shut up, Marco! We're not children, you can drop the misty eye bs-" Jean said before I cut him off.