Chapter 13

*1 day later*

(F/n)'s POV

I was finally feeling better after that whole 'force field' ability thing. Or I guess you could call it 'shielding'. Today, Hanji was going to be running some tests on me.

When I got outside, I saw Hanji, Levi, Armin, and Jean. 'Why does the horse have to be here?' I walked over to them and Hanji explained what was going to happen.

"Hello, (f/n)! So Jean here, is going to 'harm' you, and try not to fight back so we can see if it will activate your shield." She smiled. "Ok." I simply replied, glaring at Jean.

She led us to an open field where we could experiment. Jean and I stood a few feet away from each other, while Hanji, Levi, and Armin stayed back pretty far off from us.

"When you two are ready, go ahead and start!" Hanji shouted. We both nodded to her, and Jean got into a fighting stance. 'Maybe he's here because he would most likely harm me and not feel guilty.'

Jean ran up to me, with a sword from his 3DMG. 'This is going to be difficult to force myself not to fight back.' As he got closer, I pinched my eye shut and clenched my hands into fists.

'If this doesn't work and that was a one time thing, then this will for sure hurt!' I opened my eye right when Jean was in front of me, and there was nothing to protect me.

He swung his sword which grazed my right hand a little. "Is everything alright? Your force field isn't working!" Hanji shouted, running towards us. "Everything's fine, and I think it only works when I know it's actual harm and not staged." I answered her.

"That could be possible, how about we have Jean sneak attack you!" She suggested. "I guess we'll do whatever to make this force field work." I replied.

Jean walked somewhere behind me, as I waited for when he was going to strike. About two minutes passed and I was becoming impatient. I know he's supposed to attack when I least expect it, but this is starting to get boring.

Then I sensed a presence behind me. 'It's Jean.' I stayed still, but it was so hard not to turn around and defend myself. Jean attacked me again, but the force field still didn't work.

I saw Hanji pouting in the distance since it wasn't working. "WHY?!" She shouted.

Levi's POV

"Maybe we should try to attack her sometime later when she doesn't expect it. We won't even tell her what we're going to do. It has to work!" Hanji exclaimed. "That is a good idea. But what would we do?" Coconut boy asked.

"We could have something fall off a shelf and hit her head." Hanji laughed. "Tch." Was all I replied with, 'Fucking shitty glasses is trying so hard to kill that girl.'

>>>Time Skip, brought to you by Sawny and Bean>>>

3rd Person POV

Hanji told (f/n) that she was going to end experiments for today, a few hours ago. But she was actually lying to her. They watched her almost all day, waiting for the right moment to strike.

Hanji was going to have Armin somehow knock over something off a shelf that (f/n) would be under. "Hey (f/n), can you get me a duster. My desk is a little dirty." Hanji asked her.

"Oh, sure thing!" She replied, she walked out of Hanji's office heading towards the cleaning supplies closet. Hanji was secretly following her, along with Levi and Armin.