Hunting for Squink

The Goblin Adventures, Hunting for Squink

“I want squirk for tea,” the Dark Lord asked of Major Bash, the hobgoblin commander of the goblins.

  “Yes, my Lord,” genuflected the hobgoblin as he retreated.

  He went to the goblin guards’ quarters. “Right you lot, I want a hunting party. Lord D’ark wants squink for tea.”

  “That sounds like a one eyed Pokemon,” said Wibble.

  “‘E needs to change ‘is exotic diet,” said Ugbash, “it could cause bad health, even death.”

  “Yeah,” said Wobble, “our bad health and death if he don’t get it on time.”

  Ugbash took his meat cleaver, Pan Head his crossbow and the other four equipped their bows.

  “Ow you gonna catch a squink with a meat cleaver?” asked Chop.

  “I don’t ‘ave to,” replied Ugbash, “I only ‘ave to use it on you if you don’t catch one.”

  Chop gulped.

  “But what does squink look like?” inquired Wobble.

  “Before or after it’s cooked?”

  “Either.”

  “Don’t know, let’s look in the second best bestiary.”

  Idunno flicked through the bestiary, “Sidh, Skink, Squink.”

  “There it is. What does it say?”

  “It’s got eight legs and it lives in the sea, it is an octopus,” sang Idunno.

  “Well, why do they call it a squink then if it’s an octopus?” wondered Ugbash.