Space Marines 11

“Well what are we going to do now?” inquired Forditz.

  “Shall we give them a warning?” suggested Lebil.

  “What about?

  “Casual paradoxes?”

  “Do you think they will get into that situation?”

  “Probably not, they are only minor characters in the main book. They didn’t even have names until this piece of serialised flash fiction.”

  “Listen to them,” said Bop, “they’re talking about us like we’re not here.”

  “Just leave it Bop,” warned Bip, “they can send us to precinct 13 as time criminals any time they want to.”

  “But we haven’t done anything wrong, yet.”

  “Let’s not take any chances.” Bip and Bop finished their ice creams in silence.

  “But why did we turn up here if they weren’t causing paradoxes or interdimensional violations?” inquired Forditz.

  “Maybe the Author wanted to do something different. Well never mind, let’s buy an ice cream.” Lebil looked at the ice cream vendor, “Two Dream Bars please.”

  “Uh huh,” shook headed the ice cream vendor.

  “Well then two 99s with nuts and chocolate sauce please. Do you take credits?”

  “No.”

  Lebil looked through his credit and debit card collection, “Tribelium Plated card?”

  “Cash only, unless of course you have some World War II memorabilia?”

  “I do have a sliver of gold,” mentioned Forditz, “for emergencies such as this.”

  “Buying ice cream is not an emergency,” said Lebil sternly.

  “Well we don’t want to break any interdimensional rules now do we?”

  Bip looked up from eating his ice cream, “That’s one thing I never understood, how come you can break the Time Code but we can’t?”

  “We only break it in a minor way when we are in pursuit of time criminals,” explained Lebil.

  “Or interdimensional infractors,” interjected Forditz, “do you say infractors?”

  “Infractionists?” thought Bip.

  “Law breakers we’ll say,” said Lebil.

  “Could I be a time cop?” asked Bop.

  “We don’t have any places at the minute,” explained Lebil. “You also mustn’t have a time criminal record either.” He looked at the Time Resolutions application on his hand held Personal Computer. “I see here that you were cloned in the fantasy dimension, were moved illegally into the science fiction dimension and participated in attacks against legal chocolate manufacturers.”

  “Is that bad?”

  “Well it doesn’t endear you to the system. Without consulting the main TR program in Xanadu I would have to say, on the face of it, that you have no chance.”

  Bop looked at Bip, “Well, you have to try don’t you.”

  “You know I don’t get the Author’s sense of humour,” said Bip, “he is really tying one leg behind his back and hopping towards his core market of three people.”

  “Hopping you say,” thought Bop, “I’d say crawling.”

  “You can’t crawl on one leg,” said Bip.”

  “You must be able to. If you use both arms and one leg you can crawl.”

  “Maybe, anyway…”

  “Who said you couldn’t crawl on two arms and one leg?” asked Lebil.

  “Won’t me said that guv,” quoted Bip of Ian Waller.

  “Anyway let’s get you back to the science fiction dimension,” said Forditz, “so you don’t cause us any more problems.”

  “And there might be some ice cream left for us next time we come back!” said Lebil.

This is the end of this part of the free sample download the full story on the Kindle http://tinyurl.com/OnlyWhenIArth2