Space Marines 2

When they had got to within 50 feet of the listening post they saw the bunker entrance close.

“Oh no," said Sergeant Grimly, “it seems like they've heard us.”

“Well it is a listening post,” said Tongs, “so maybe somebody was listening.”

Grimly looked at the bunker, “It seems to be pretty impregnable. Have we got any heavy weapons with us?”

“Rocket launcher?” suggested Bop.

“OK, aim it at the door but get a bit closer first.”

Bop went to within 10 feet of the door.

Grimly stood up, "Not that close. We want you to bust the bunker not the bunker to bust you!”

  Bop retreated to within 30 feet of the door and looked back at Grimly. Grimly gestured his approval. “Maybe I should have let him do it from 10 feet. It might have knocked some sense into him,” grimaced Grimly.

  “It might have knocked him into little pieces,” said Bip.

 Bop fired the rocket and was still knocked over by the blast. When the dust had settled there was not a scratch on the bunker door.

  “Must be made of tritanium,” thought Bip.

  “Must be,” agreed Bugz.

  Grimly looked to the others, “What have we got on the ship?”

  “Nothing,” said Ugz, “but the ship does fire tortion rounds.”

  “Oh yeah, they were mentioned in the second book weren’t they. I don’t think they’re heavy duty enough.”

  “Not like you Sergeant,” quipped Tongs.

  “I am portly not fat!” he retorted.