Space Marines 7

• Dedicated to Martyn Shenstone

  Bip and Bop ran to the ship fighting the crab bots off as they went. When they got to within fifty feet of the ship Bip turned his comm device on, “Shields up.”

  The ships shields came on and protected them from the bulk of the crab bots. Ten had got through though and five of them were attacking Bop by leaping on him. He pulled two off but the others started clinging to his legs, “I…I…I’ve had a shocking day so far,” he juddered.

  Bip crushed two, shot three others then went over to Bop to remove the last three. “Be gentle,” asked Bop, “I feel a little fragile.”

  Bip set his pulse weapon to stun and shot three times removing the offending crab bots. They fell off in a confused state and started running round in circles. Bop fired five times on full power and blew the remaining crab bots up.

  “Why didn’t you use stun when one was on my chest earlier?”

  “I didn’t know if it would work, I might have made it angrier.”

  “Why’d you take a chance now then?”

  “They were only your legs, if the bots had blown up and injured them badly you could have had some bionic ones like Grimly.”

  “They haven’t made him better, stronger or faster. He still moves like a hedgehog in a Velcro factory.”

  They both clambered into the ship. Bip closed the door.