Weird

The next day at school was weird. For some reason, the entire atmosphere seemed stiff. No matter how hard Baekhyun or Chanyeol tried, the ice wouldn't break. Hana was tensed. The feeling she'd been having since yesterday had intensified. That day after finally being able to go home, Hana went straight to see Lay. She had found it odd how there were no texts from him at all. She knocked at his door but no one received it. She even sat outside for almost an hour before she left. She had texted him numerous times that day, but the only reply she got that night was a rejection to her offer for a call and a simple statement that said he was tired and going to sleep.

And now, the next day, she was being ignored. He didn't meet her at the bus stop like he does. Sehun suggested that maybe Lay was running late, but even after waiting for almost ten minutes, he didn't show up. Turned out he was already at school. Hana had sent him texts asking where he was but hadn't replied. Why didn't he? Upon meeting he simply shrugged and said he forgot to tell her he'd be coming early. He had avoided eye contact but the red outline around his eyes wasn't missed by her. His voices sounded different too. Hana thought maybe it's because he's been pushing himself too hard. She wanted to help him, but she didn't know how to.

Lunch break was when she saw him again. He hadn't waited for her outside class. Hana didn't say anything, Baekhyun asked instead. At his friend's question he gave the same response he did before. He simply forgot. Kai raised a brow. He knew Lay well, he doesn't 'simply forget' things. He turned to his cousin who was not so discreetly trying to read the same dimpled boy. Kyungsoo nudged Baekhyun.

"Something's not right here."

Baekhyun continued to eat, making his nod discreet enough for only Kyungsoo to notice. Baekhyun looked past Chanyeol to look at Hana. His frown grew deeper. The girl looked visibly lost and confused. Kai glanced at Sehun and tried to keep his voice as quiet as possible.

"Did something happen between them?"

Sehun sighed, "I honestly don't know man. It's been odd since morning."

Jongdae and Chanyeol, who were seated on each side of the couple felt the most awkward. For people like them, this sort of an atmosphere was suffocating. Chanyeol tried every now and then to engage Hana or anyone in a conversation but even after Baekhyun and the others joined, the conversation died moments later. Hana kept stealing glances at Lay who wouldn't even look at her. He hadn't ruffled her hair either. Hana took a deep breath, convincing herself that this is all because he was exhausted.

"Aren't you going to drop her off to class?" Kyungsoo asked after the bell had rang after lunch break. Hana looked at Kyungsoo briefly before her eyes went to Lay. He had his back toward her but he was looking at Kyungsoo with an uninterested expression.

"I'm kind of in a hurry," Lay said monotonously and Hana's anticipation died. She had an awful feeling that she was being avoided.

"Her class is just down the hall on the same floor Lay. It'll hardly take five minutes," Baekhyun spoke. His brows twitched in agitation.

"I really need to-"

"It's Hana, Lay."

The said boy looked to Kyungsoo. The wide eyed boy was standing with his arms crossed. Kai stood behind him, warily glancing between his cousin and his friend. Jongdae and Chanyeol confusedly looked at each other. They were all just fine yesterday, then why were things so different today?

"You guys have the same class-"

"It's okay, guys," Hana intervened, "I can go with you two. He probably has somewhere important to go." She looked at Lay who was staring at Kyungsoo's shoes but the black haired owl boy still glared at him.