48

"I don't think I'd be able to practice today. Sorry Soo," Baekhyun sulked. The crew – minus Hana and Lay – was sitting in the music room. Baekhyun, had somehow survived his day at school. He had received occasional awkward stares from a few students but with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol on either of his sides, none of them held their stare for long. The music room was empty, and since the last class of the day was given as a free period, they decided to practice. Hana had texted them that won't be able to join them and none of them tried persuading her to come. From their position near the huge window, they could see the whole soccer field, and on one of the bleachers, they could see a girl with her chin on her palm watching the team practice.

"It's okay," Kyungsoo smiled reassuringly, "you need the rest."

"Someone's being awfully nice today," Chanyeol mumbled and Kyungsoo sent him a glare that shut him up. Kai had been laughing in the corner with his headphones for the past three minutes. They ignored it at first, but he just wouldn't stop laughing and everybody seemed to be getting curious.

"What are you watching," Sehun asked pulling out his headphones. Kai was taken by surprise but then he flipped his phone, displaying his screen to the others.

"It's the video from the day when Lay made his surprise entrance. It's so hilarious! Look at his face once you re-open the door! PRICELESS!"

Sehun, with mischief written across his face, grabbed Kai's phone and the others huddled around him. The live scenario was funny as it is, but watching it again was even more hilarious.

"Stop making me laugh, my cheeks are burning," Baekhyun begged. He was trying to limit his laughter but he couldn't help himself. The fact that others were laughing as well didn't help at all.

"This reminds me of the time she slammed the door when we popped up at her doorstep unannounced for the first time, doesn't it Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo looked toward his friend with crescent eyes and a wide smile. Baekhyun still had the mask on but the wrinkles that formed around his eyes implied that his smile was as wide as his friend's.

"Oh yeah, I remember that well."

"Those times were so...awkward," Kyungsoo recalled, "We practically forced her to hang out with us."

"Really?" Sehun asked. He gave the phone back to Kai. Jongdae was there through their awkward phase of friendship, he had suffered that as well. Chanyeol however, hadn't. So when Kyungsoo and Baekhyun explained all the desperate things they had done to befriend Hana, Sehun and Chanyeol listened intently. Sometime in the middle of their conversation, Sehun got up and went to the window. He could hear Hana's improvement through their friends' recollections. He watched as his sister sent thumbs up to a certain figure on the field. Sehun saw Lay waving back and raised a brow when he saw another, shorter figure half way across the field wave back even more enthusiastically.

Weird.

"Thank you so much guys."

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun exchanged glances when Sehun hugged them.

"Thank you for the effort."

The other two smiled and patted his back. Chanyeol had his hands clasped together as he saw the sight ahead of him and Kai looked weirdly at the taller.

"I MADE AN EFFORT TOO YOU KNOW!" Jongdae shouted, "I SHOULD BE IN THE HUG TOO."

The boy proceeded to hug Sehun's back but was soon joined by Kai, "ME TOO!"

Chanyeol felt left out, so he rose from his seat and fixed himself between Jongdae and Baekhyun, "And I don't really know what's going on but YAAAAY!"