So Done

The sound of sizzling vegetables was heard as Hana entered the kitchen. Kyungsoo was busy running around the confined area while Kai, who was supposed to be helping his cousin, sat on the counter consuming disks of orange and green vegetables. The aroma of the tomato sauce Kyungsoo asked Hana to stir had her stomach growling for food. Kyungsoo chuckled as he saw Hana take a whiff of the heavenly scent shortly before smacking Kai for wiping out a portion of the ingredients. Hana watched Kai retreat from his cousin's approach and hide on her left, leaving Kyungsoo on her right.

The big eyed boy didn't make any further pursuits and instead made his way towards the fridge while shouting out instructions.

"Hana, could you please pour add the onions? Thanks! Clap once you're done!"

She did as she was told and stirred; allowing streaks of smoke escape the boiling pool of red. She clapped to inform Kyungsoo that the task was done and inhaled the flavored steam. Her mind was too clouded by the scent to notice the intent stare of the boy on her left. Kai observed Hana closely. Yes she was pretty, but not drop dead gorgeous, and from what he had seen so far she was really nice. She did help him with his sore ear so he figured she was decent. His cousin liked her, which was new for Kai as Kyungsoo was never really welcoming to new people. But to think that he had befriended someone outside their usual circle, she had to be something.

Kai was told by Kyungsoo that their new friend was not a person of many words. Back then Kai figured that maybe his cousin meant that she belonged to a different genus from the regular female species. That maybe Hana wasn't like the girls who'd talk nonstop about stuff no one could care less about. Even the quietest of people Kai had met spoke at least once in an average of 30 minutes, but Hana had not uttered a word in two hours and it bothered him to no end.

"You don't talk much do you?"

The question caught her off guard, and when she looked to her left, she saw Kai boring holes into her face. Slightly uncomfortable, she moved a little to her right, increasing the gap between them and refocused on stirring the slowly thickening broth.

"See! Exactly that. I haven't heard you say a word since you entered the house."

She gave him a small smile, hoping it would dismiss his further questions but it didn't. He only asked more and more questions.

"Stop harassing her will you? Go help Kyungsoo, I think he died in the storage room." Came Baekhyun's voice, helping Hana escape from her predicament. Kai protested but gave in eventually since Baekhyun pulled the 'My house my rules' card and left the kitchen, leaving Hana sighing in relief and Baekhyun replacing Kai on her side.

"I'm sorry about that brat. Don't let what he said get to you ok? You'll show him one day and then he'll be begging for you to shut up."

That earned him a chuckle from Hana, exactly what he was aiming for. Kai's words made Hana scold herself for not working hard enough, but with the upcoming exams and stress she wasn't left with much time to practice. Baekhyun felt the need to snap the web Hana was currently spinning in her head. The toxic words tangled between the fibers of the fragile web in her mind were almost predictable. Predictable and dangerous.

So when Baekhyun told her about John Travolta having an airplane in his parking lot, he effectively grasped all her attention and distracted her from further degrading herself because of her temporary inability.

If wishes came true, then Baekhyun's pants would probably be on fire because Lay felt irritated at his friend's closeness to the girl. But then again, he couldn't complain. He was reluctant enough to grab the opportunity and when Baekhyun made the most out of the situation, it ticked him off. Lay tried convincing himself that he didn't feel the urge to pull his friend away. Who was he kidding, he wanted to take his friend's place so badly and he had no idea why. So while he saw his buddy and the recent source of his internal turmoil, he tried to figure out the reasons why he shouldn't go there and stand between the two.