Outing

Due to Baekhyun's constant whining for food- which he claimed were for Hana's sake- they decided on a café that was nearest to their rendezvous point. The café wasn't crowded, neither was it too big. The brown polished tables had matching chairs with cushions for comfort whereas the walls had various contemporary graphics made on them. The place was small with furniture that was not compatible with the walls but somehow it felt right. Hana felt comfortable in the café. She liked the calm atmosphere and inhaled the scent of freshly brewed coffee. They seated themselves at the table next to the window. While Lay sat opposite Hana, Baekhyun sat opposite her and Kyungsoo sat next to Lay. The walk towards the café wasn't silent as Baekhyun had done a remarkable job at complaining at every point while Kyungsoo took the liberty to punch the latter in the stomach every now and then. But as they settled in their seats, the air around them suddenly became awkward. Kyungsoo cleared his throat and Lay tapped his fingers on the table, making it evident that they felt just as much awkward as Hana did.

"You guys are pathetic."

Lay stopped tapping and cocked his eyebrow while Kyungsoo almost choked on spit whereas Hana widened her eyes at the sudden intrusion of voice.

"Seriously you guys, I can cut the awkwardness with this table knife." Baekhyun held up the piece of silverware for emphasis and made rather dangerous gestures of cutting in the air. Kyungsoo snatched the knife away, adding a comment with it and Baekhyun retaliated with an equally witty response. Another argument soon broke out and it was only a matter of time before Lay, who intervened in efforts to calm the two people, somehow ended up getting involved as well.

They created a ruckus and drew attention Hana rather not want to attract. They were lucky though, that the café was nearly empty but the little amount of people that eyed them was more than enough for Hana to redden in embarrassment. But even with the bit of humiliation that only she among the four suffered, she enjoyed their bickering. It was childish actually, as they argued how to make their situation less awkward when they themselves had turned it from awkward to embarrassing. She saw, with much amusement, the little verbal combat between the three. Baekhyun always had a witty comeback for every comment whereas Kyungsoo had heaps of sarcasm bottled inside. Lay was no less witty or sarcastic than the other two either.

The only time they stopped their bickering was when the waitress arrived with their menus, eyeing them weirdly as she distributed them among four. The argument dissolved immediately and it took Hana a couple of seconds to register that thought. The guys that were busy name calling and slandering each other with sarcasm with such passion just a few moments ago were now sitting in peace, sharing suggestions for what to order like the argument less than three seconds ago had never occurred.

"I'm gonna order Pasta Puttanesca!" Baekhyun exclaimed with much delight.

"Oh cool, what's that?" Lay asked as he leaned over slightly to look over at Baekhyun's menu despite holding one in his own.

"It's pasta."

Kyungsoo gave him a look that screamed 'you don't say' as Lay continued.

" I figured it's pasta but what's in it?" Lay asked whereas Baekhyun shrugged.

" I don't know, the name's fancy so it should be good."

The stare his two friends gave him was balanced between irritation and incredulousness before they simultaneously shook their heads at their friend's antics.

" Hana! Wanna try it with me?" not seeing any harm in the idea, Hana agreed. She too had no idea what the pasta contained and it was definitely the first time she heard of such a thing but the amount of glee Baekhyun spoke with didn't give Hana the courage to turn him down.