This Is Hard

Lay loved soccer. He was merely five years old when he saw his first soccer match. Back then, he only watched it because he found tall people running after a ball amusing. Then when he was 10, he saw his brother play it, he called him stupid. Running around a black and white ball for hours was stupid in the eyes of a ten year old. When he was twelve, Kris made him play goalie while he practiced shots. It was then, when curiosity concerning the game sparked and he asked Kris to teach him the basics of the game. It was then when his soccer craze took off. He'd play every day with anyone who was available. While Kris's new found love happened to be basketball, Lay thrived to become a skillful soccer player. But sometimes, no matter how much you love something, you can't help but want a break from it. After three weeks of vigorous training, Lay desperately needed a break. Coach had called it a day (finally) after eight hours of continuous training. Lay was consumed by fatigue and too dazed by the pain in his muscles that all he did was pick up his bag and stagger back to their assigned hotel. Even with the painful training, the day had ended with good news. Due to circumstances, players of all schools were to be sent back to their homes for ten days. It would be there where they would continue to train until they returned to campus. No one knew for sure, but the reason for their untimely return was said to be an issue that involved maintenance problems with the hotel. Lay wondered why they couldn't move them to another one but he wasn't complaining. He was too excited about the news that he'd get to go home.

Walking back he thought about all the things he'd do. For one, he won't tell his parents he's coming. His dad may not be home when he got there but his mother would surely be delighted to find her son pop up at their door step. He thought about all the things he'd make her cook for him. Then he thought about how his friends would react once he breaks the news to them tomorrow. They'd probably come to receive him from the station. The thought made him chuckle. And then he thought about her. How excited she would be once she finds out. But wait; simply telling her would be no fun would it? Sliding his key back into his pocket, Lay walked in and made a decision. His mother wasn't the only one who'd get a surprise, Hana will too. He'd get to see her shock ridden face and then break out into that wide smile of hers he deeply loved.

Yeap, he wouldn't tell her.

He kicked the door closed but it was stopped by a hand. Lay dropped his duffel bag on the floor next to his bed and collapsed on the mattress. His roommate burst into conversation and he didn't even listen to half of it. He didn't even feel bad for not paying attention, his roommate didn't care if he was or wasn't heard, he just had to talk. Lay had been wondering since the first day of training how Jimin had the energy to spew out random sentences immediately after training when he didn't even have the willpower to lift a finger.

"What, you're not calling your girlfriend tonight?"

This grabbed Lay's attention.

"Huh?"

"I asked if you're going to call your girlfriend tonight?" Jimin waited expectantly as Lay gathered the cobs and corks of his brain, "Yeah, I am. Why?"

To this the latter shrugged, " Just curious. You normally call her after you shower."

"But I haven't showered yet."

"Exactly. Normally you'd shower instantly just to get the extra minutes before you doze off. I'd say you better hurry up or else she'll fall asleep waiting for your call."

Lay couldn't help but narrow his eyes at the boy, "Why do you know all that?"

"Because I'm your roommate," he stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "also, because you're our vice captain and I want to observe you as much as I can before you graduate."